I need opinions on my ideal size (Judge Away!!)

Options

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Hope you really wanted honesty!!

You look great and you look healthy but I think you are probably at the top end of the range of weights where you look good...

I would say try to lose 5lbs (of fat by taking things slowly and training!!) and then reassess.
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    I think you look great, I'm 5'4-1/2", 165lbs, my measurements 36-27-36. I've only dropped about 5lbs over the last couple of months, but lost inches and dropped from a size 14 to 8/10 in pants size due to focusing on strength training. Check out New Rules for Lifting for Women, also Fitness Blender on YouTube, they have a lot of strength training workouts
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    20-25lbs, you what ? Wouldn't you agree that a reduction in body fat % but remaining the same weight would mean she's healthy, as for using the BMI reccomendations they're estimates and anyways according to you she's still in the normal range whether top or bottom.

It's all personal choice and you'd be better off seeing someone qualified as there's so many self qualified doctors/nutritionists on here.
  • fuzzieme
    fuzzieme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    20-25lbs, you what ? Wouldn't you agree that a reduction in body fat % but remaining the same weight would mean she's healthy, as for using the BMI reccomendations they're estimates and anyways according to you she's still in the normal range whether top or bottom.

It's all personal choice and you'd be better off seeing someone qualified as there's so many self qualified doctors/nutritionists on here.

:drinker:

OP is a stunner and to lose 20lbs would be a tragedy. If you really wanted to and it would motivate you, I agree with the person who said you could lose 5lbs, but you don't need this, in my opinion. The 30 Day Shred will be what you want, you'll love it. I've seen girls whose BMI is almost in the obese range, she told me this to make me feel better (even though I obviously didn't have any muscle :laugh: ), this girl turned heads wherever she went, she modeled for the gym, and she was 13 stone at about 5 foot 9 There's more to it than BMI
  • chelazar88
    chelazar88 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I agree with some of the earlier posts. Lift heavy weights, do some cardio. Chances are you are unhappy about your body fat percentage than you are about your weight. You shouldn't really strive for a certain set of measurements. Just eat healthy, high protein, work on getting stronger and developing more muscle tone. It will shirnk your waist and thighs, you might end up weighing the same but wearing a smaller pants size
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" 160 and am at 36 27 41, almost identical to you OP. I also have personal body image issues with my big booty and legs. I think it's important that we learn to love what we have, I am trying to accept that I will never have skinny legs or slim hips but I will probably always have nice toned calf muscles (even if they can't fit in boots or some skinny jeans!) and an hourglass/pear shape. Try to find workouts that you love (I like running outside, dance, hot yoga, pure barre, circuit training) and can stick with, vary them and you should see results. Good luck!
  • Porcelaine22
    Porcelaine22 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    bump for future reading :)
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I do not think the OP has body image issues. She is realistic about the areas of her body that she thinks are larger than she would like, and I do think that she could reduce on the hips/thighs. She has not been exercising and just started on the diet road. She is not anorexic or anything. Just start toning and light deficit, do not go for quick rapid loss, but she it as a lifestyle change, and you will lose 20 lbs and slim the thighs.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I do not think the OP has body image issues. She is realistic about the areas of her body that she thinks are larger than she would like, and I do think that she could reduce on the hips/thighs. She has not been exercising and just started on the diet road. She is not anorexic or anything. Just start toning and light deficit, do not go for quick rapid loss, but she it as a lifestyle change, and you will lose 20 lbs and slim the thighs.

No one really said she had body image issues. Again, where are you getting 20 pounds?
  • Alta2000
    Options
    No one really said she had body image issues. Again, where are you getting 20 pounds?

You can read the reply above in the thread.
  • scottaworley
    scottaworley Posts: 871 Member
    Options

No, you never answered. In any event, you are talking about weight loss. It seems to be the consensus in this thread that all the OP needs is recomposition.
  • AccioHotBod
    AccioHotBod Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hi OP! I think you look fantastic! My waist line is 29 inches as well...and that's about where our similarities end (my chest is 34 and hips are 38)...

Anyways, I would have to agree with the poster who mentioned that weight loss shouldn't be the ultimate goal- but instead start doing some strength training. I started to notice changes in body composition once I started lifting weights (everything started getting smaller and tighter, which is what you want, right?!) however, if you're eating properly you will not see many differences on the scale...but the inches will come off!
  • Alta2000
    Options

No, you never answered. In any event, you are talking about weight loss. It seems to be the consensus in this thread that all the OP needs is recomposition.

As I said, read the thread to read my answer, pg 1.
    You can lose another 20-25 lbs. Do total bodyworkouts 4-5 times weekly, and additional workouts 3 time a week that would concentrate on glutes/inner thighs. Try fitnessblender.com, blogilates.com find other videos in the Befit channel on youtube (try the butt bible is also on youtube) Clean your eating, but eat well, not 1200 level so you can keep energy.

Where are you getting 20-25 from?

She is on the highest range of the normal BMI. If she loses 20 lbs she is going to be exactly in the middle of the normal range, and yes she can definitely lose in the thighs and mid section area, and tone all over.

This is not a decision by consensus. The OP has her ideas, and we, the forum, give our personal opinions and the OP decides what she wants to do. No every answer is strength training and weight lifting and not everybody likes to be at 160 lbs and weight lift. Losing 20 lbs, do toning and maintain an active lifestyle is an equal valid option. I also started in weight lifting as I listened to the people in the forum. After a few months I decided that this was not the way to go for me. I reduced the weights and use Barbie weights in zumba fitness or JM videos, and do pilates and spinning. I am losing weight, toning and recompositioning my body with a lifestyle that I can maintain in the future and be able to do without going to the gym after I reach my weight goal.
  • nwgereen
    nwgereen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This helps a lot!!! i wanted to set a goal meaurment without being unrealistic. and i know i will never loose my behind but it never hurts to polish it up a bit :-) lol
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    You can lose another 20-25 lbs. Do total bodyworkouts 4-5 times weekly, and additional workouts 3 time a week that would concentrate on glutes/inner thighs. Try fitnessblender.com, blogilates.com find other videos in the Befit channel on youtube (try the butt bible is also on youtube) Clean your eating, but eat well, not 1200 level so you can keep energy.

Where are you getting 20-25 from?

Some women to be as skinny as humanly possible - I don't get it. OP you look great, love your shape! I agree with strength training, you don't really need to lose anything!
  • nwgereen
    nwgereen Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Id say i have issues with being so tall and being curvy along with it, not that im going to starve myselft to get there i just wanna tone up and eat healthier :-) so your both right lol
  • bartman4
    bartman4 Posts: 24
    Options
    I'll second everyone else. You look great!

Make any changes for yourself. I started off at 198 (while getting negative but playful feedback from my spouse) and set an initial goal of 184. When I got to 184, I target 175. At 175 I'm now targeting 167. At this point I'm just doing this for me. I want to be in the best physical shape I've been in for the past 20 years.

Figure out what works for you and go for it.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Id say i have issues with being so tall and being curvy along with it, not that im going to starve myselft to get there i just wanna tone up and eat healthier :-) so your both right lol

You are tall but not THAT tall, like I wouldn't see you on the street and be like WOW she is tall! And curvy is a great thing in my book - no matter your height! If you're worried about looking Amazonian you are absolutely nowhere near that.
This discussion has been closed.