Help! My Boobs Are Really Embarassing!

Options
Okay. So I am very large chested (42 E). I usually wear two or three sport bras to hold them in place. Recently, however, I am having an issue with my nipples. They are constantly hard whilst I work out. I hate it! I am doing NROL4W and am always in the weight room. I try to just ignore it, but people stare. This only happens to me when I work out. Does anyone else have this problem? Should I invest in some good pasties or what? I don't know what to do :ohwell:

Replies

• bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    yeah same problem here. I wear a regular bra underneath my sport bras and a dark shirt x)
  • oOxXxOo
    oOxXxOo Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I would be careful with tape over your nipples and maybe put cotton wool bud pulled thin over the top. You can always try chest wraps, but they are very restrictive.
    I wouldnt worry about other people personally. Just get in there and do your thing and if people are too distracted by your awesomeness then meh to them.
    However.... if anyone went beyond a glance in that direction and went the full oggle and it was enough that you felt uncomfortable then I would report them to a member of staff.
  • FauxAngel13
    FauxAngel13 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Embrace it and screw what everyone else thinks...but I'm very small in the breast department so maybe it's different
  • darkrose20
    darkrose20 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    If you want to hide your nipples, try electrical tape over them. It doesn't hurt that much coming off. I say embrace your body, though. People will stare, must mean you're hot and doing something right!
  • Ariberri9
    Ariberri9 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Try ****'s Sporting Goods. They have AMAZING bras with amazing padding and support. I'm a 34DD, so I have problems of my own...but they solved them all!

I have to warn you: their bras are a bit expensive...but they're totally worth it. Best of luck!
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    I say just don't worry about it but if you're really concerned than I've seen nipple covers in bra shops before (the ones I saw were shaped like flowers).
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    If you want to hide your nipples, try electrical tape over them. It doesn't hurt that much coming off. I say embrace your body, though. People will stare, must mean you're hot and doing something right!

Are you a masochist? Good Heaven, does it need to be spelled out? Never put electrical tape on your nipples!

I agree w/the poster above. Go to a bra store and get nipple covers. Or use the inserts that come with bathing suit tops. Whatever. But you know, if your nips are poking through 3 bras, you're either trolling or you got some serious nips. If it's the latter, get to the bra store.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Wear a print top instead of a solid. The pattern will disguise the pointiness.

Or realize that everyone has nipples and forget about it.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I doubt if people are staring as much as you believe. I'm in the gym around women all the time and yes, I notice hotness and sneak a peek on occasion. But I don't stare and don't see other people staring or pointing or commenting.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    two things I do to help this problem (and you are not alone in this)

1.) I wear dark shirts.

2.) I will wear a REGULAR under-wire padded bra- and Id on't mean push up- I just mean with padding in the cup all over) under my regular sports bra.

hides any nip tips I might get.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I sometimes giggle inwardly when I catch a glimpse of my nipples in the mirror when I do a form check. I just stopped giving a crap; other people are going to look at my bewbs or not whether the nipples are at attention or not, and it's really none of my business. If it bothers them that this happens to people, I suggest they pull up their big girl underpants and get over it, or stay home huddled in a dark corner where nobody will ever intrude to offend them. :tongue:
  • Beastette
    Beastette Posts: 1,497 Member
    Options
    If people are looking, they aren't thinking anything negative. Not about that.

Be embarrassed if you accidentally fart while you're lifting or leave a pee puddle during box jumps or something.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    mine do it too...just shake it and enjoy the increased blood flow and sensitivity to them
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    two things I do to help this problem (and you are not alone in this)

1.) I wear dark shirts.

2.) I will wear a REGULAR under-wire padded bra- and Id on't mean push up- I just mean with padding in the cup all over) under my regular sports bra.

hides any nip tips I might get.

I also do this.

... Though that doesn't stop anyone from staring while I jump rope.
  • pkbryant28
    pkbryant28 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Mine do this as well, at first I was like "oh no" but then I thought EVERYONE has nipples not just me so what is the big deal. Anyone who feels the need to look, comment, or anything else concerning my nipples really needs to grow up or go back to kindergarten where their maturity level is.
  • obsidianwings
    obsidianwings Posts: 1,237 Member
    Options
    Absolutely normal, due to the blood flow. I also wear a normal bra under my sports bra.
  • CapnGordo
    CapnGordo Posts: 327
    Options
    lurker.gif

I kid. Good luck!
  • pseudomuffin
    pseudomuffin Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I used to obsess over this, particularly because mine are pierced so you can already tell if I don't wear a regular underwire bra under my sports bras (I feel ya girl I have to double up too!), but honestly if someone is staring at your sweater puppies while you work out and they get offended that they can see your nipples then they need to get a life.
  • tracieangeletti
    tracieangeletti Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I worried about this too and for a long time wore an uncomfortable bra to cover them up. Then one day I just said the heck with it
    I have boobs and nipples and if they happen to stand at attention at times so be it. Honestly, I have never really understood why people make such a big deal of it anyway. When did nipples become something we have to hide?
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Okay. So I am very large chested (42 E). I usually wear two or three sport bras to hold them in place. Recently, however, I am having an issue with my nipples. They are constantly hard whilst I work out. I hate it! I am doing NROL4W and am always in the weight room. I try to just ignore it, but people stare. This only happens to me when I work out. Does anyone else have this problem? Should I invest in some good pasties or what? I don't know what to do :ohwell:

I have the same issue ( was a 42DD, now a 38C) and was mortified the first time I caught a glance of nips in the mirror while lifting. I decided that it was normal, and I would pretend it wasn't happening. As far as know, no one is staring...