Help! My Boobs Are Really Embarassing!

Options

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    no. you're not crazy. It's not inconvenient when you pre-plan/pack your clothing. it's not inconvient when you wear the exact same type of stuff every day. I know which bra's need to be doubled up and which don't. Since I pack at the beginning of the day- or the night before- if I make a mistake it's too late to do anything about it- so really- it's not like it's out of my way.

Besides- I wear colored pants to cover my camel toe- you know- since that needs hiding too- so I just make sure I wear black tops to cover the nips.

it's all very top secret and cover- this dressing for the gym.

LOL that looks like a mini hat on your head? is that what that is? I own at least three- in which case- yes we apparently are doppelgangers. :D
  • RivenV
    RivenV Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    Exactly! I usually pack my bag in the morning during my pre-coffee haze. I just pack the same type of stuff every day. I might as well have a bin in my closet just labeled "workout clothes" that's nothing but black or dark grey tank tops, lightly padded fitted bras (for support), elastic sports bras (for MOAR support), and dark navy or gray shorts. Now that I mention it... I might do just that this weekend.
    That is my mini topper. :D I lurve it so much I took my vows in it. I'd love to get more--and be all steampunky and tattooed, but I'm thinking I'll be able to do that type of thing when I have a rockin' body to complement it. Love your ink, btw! I'm thinking of a full back piece to cover up some skin issues I've got back there, but the hubs needs some convincing still.
  • DrunkenFaeGirl
    Options
    Nursing pads may work.
  • sillygoosie
    sillygoosie Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about. Just make sure they aren't googly eyed.
  • Shambree813
    Shambree813 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If you want to hide your nipples, try electrical tape over them. It doesn't hurt that much coming off. I say embrace your body, though. People will stare, must mean you're hot and doing something right!

Are you a masochist? Good Heaven, does it need to be spelled out? Never put electrical tape on your nipples!

I agree w/the poster above. Go to a bra store and get nipple covers. Or use the inserts that come with bathing suit tops. Whatever. But you know, if your nips are poking through 3 bras, you're either trolling or you got some serious nips. If it's the latter, get to the bra store.

sunglasses....... Your response took the works right out of my mouth. I shot coffee out my nose when I read the advice suggesting electrical tape and that it didnt hurt that much ripping it off. ROFL. I got the nips things going on too and the only place I worry and cover up with a light jacket or cardigan is when I work with school students. :) Anyone else ....pfffft.
  • sandy_gee
    sandy_gee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Everyone's got them.

I say who gives a flying poopbomb.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    My nips are usually in the same state while working out. I give zero f@¢ks. I wear good sport bras that support the DD's - only the one bra at the time. I wear the shirt I want to - because its clean or keeps me appropriately cool or warm. If some guy enjoys staring at them, he's welcome to do so. You're welcome, fellas. I'm gonna worry about my workout and head home. I could not imagine layering up a bunch of bras or strategically selecting tops or buying special equipment or going out of my way *at all* to prevent some dudes I don't know and don't care about from looking at me.

Exactly!
  • Shambree813
    Options
    Nope, not trolling. I guess it's just something I'll have to live with. It is just weird, when I am doing a set of shoulder presses and my (as I call them, my second set of eyes) are staring me down.

I can't afford expensive bras. That's why I double and triple up on the three-pack sport bras from Wal-Mart.

I think I'm going to get the nipple covers (pasties). Without the fringe and sparkles.

Thanks for the responses!!!

If you are on a budget you can try reusable nursing pads. They would do the trick as well and are probably less expensive.
  • Shambree813
    Options
    both great ideas
  • Philllbis
    Philllbis Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. People may glance but most of us are doing our own thing and wouldn't notice. Now, if you can rest the barbell on them when you rerack that's a different story!
  • CloudyMao
    CloudyMao Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    another big breaster here, I wear a regular bra and a sports bra ontop. Keeps the issue undercontrol for me, and I feel my chest gets plenty of support.
  • sukiwabi
    sukiwabi Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about. Just make sure they aren't googly eyed.

O...
    ........o

:laugh:
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Put the tape (or moleskin, paper, thin plastic, etc) between the bras.

BTW you cant fool us, we already know you have nips! LOL
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Mine do, even though I'm pretty small. Everything I've tried looked worse than the nips showing. The only thing that actually worked was the lightly padded bra underneath the sports bra.

But, that makes me sweat more... and I already sweat a lot.

I figured to hell with it, and just make sure the girls are lined up evenly before I squish em down with the sports bra.
    (no googly eyes!)

Everybody love boobies, so I don't worry about it anymore.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it. People may glance but most of us are doing our own thing and wouldn't notice. Now, if you can rest the barbell on them when you rerack that's a different story!

How come you didn't tell her to tattoo stars around her nipples to make them less noticeable?
  • Lochlyn_D
    Lochlyn_D Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Bandaids or tape. Electrical tape is best
  • Sonj1973
    Sonj1973 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    If people are looking, they aren't thinking anything negative. Not about that.

Be embarrassed if you accidentally fart while you're lifting or leave a pee puddle during box jumps or something.

Rofl....
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I don't understand what the problem is. This is what nipples do. I've never thought of this as a problem. You could wear a bra that has a cup with a little thickness in them (like those helmet boob ones or ones with a little soft fiber). They have them as inserts for some sports bras, like under armour.
  • mrshallewell
    Options
    dunno if anyone has suggested this yet but breast pads, like what you use when breast feeding. they are thick enough to cover but not large and padded enough to make your boobs sweat.
  • ashandstuff
    ashandstuff Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Well...when a persons nipples are showing through their clothing I automatically attribute it to the temperature of the room. It's just nipples. The majority of the people at the gym also have nipples.

Are we not allowed to be aware of our nipples???

Yeah but DO NOT wear constricting things (I'm talking about ace bandages and binders) around your breasts while working out, you can really damage your chest doing that.

Also, do NOT do bandaids. That can reallllllly mess the sensitive skin up around that area. (I know this from theatre experience, ouch no fun.)

Padded sports bras are probably the way to go. Seriously, invest in a really good sports bra with layers.