Total loss for June - 7lbs down to 245
    Still working
  • tramaine_21
    tramaine_21 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    July 1st...Starting weight: 179.8
    July Goal weight: 174.8
    Ultimate Goal: 160-Something....

Already starting off the July month with a celebration filled with cakes and treats. My sister's birthday was today and I took it upon myself to indulge...and did--a lot! Also, not to mention the 4th of July holiday is coming up and I have plans that involve all of the familiar goodies and treats. So basically this week will not be a weight-loss week, more like "count it a loss week"; however, my second summer detox is next Monday. So all of this indulgence will be soon null and void by next Saturday the 13th.

Until then, Enjoy the holiday!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    Posting here until July thread is up and running. ❤️

Weighing in daily for the month of July. Official weigh-in day is Saturday.

Starting weight - 338.8 Lbs
    Current weight - 170.1 Lbs
    July goal - maintain or down to 168 Lbs

Ultimate goal - 165 Lbs

01 - 171.9 - PMS bloating - T-2 days.
    02 - 170.2 - PMS bloating - T-1 days.
    03 -
    04 -
    05 -
    July 06 -
    07 -
    08 -
    09 -
    10 -
    11 -
    12 -
    July 13 -
    14 -
    15 -
    16 -
    17 -
    18 -
    19 -
    July 20 -
    21 -
    22 -
    23 -
    24 -
    25 -
    26 -
    July 27 -
    28 -
    29 -
    30 -
    31 -

Total loss for July - ?? Lbs (Saturday’s)

103775544.png

Notes : my weight is going down despite the bloat I feel. I have a feeling it’s either gonna go up tomorrow when my period starts or it’s gonna stay where it is for the next few days. We shall see. I saw my doctor yesterday and he was happy with my progress this week down 2 lbs on his scale. I’m less stressed but I still have to control my obsession with weight loss. Apparently, It’s unhealthy when my every thought is how much did I eat, how much I burn, how much I drink, what times I eat, how will this affect tomorrow’s weigh in etc etc. He says it tires and stresses him out and he’s not the one doing it lol. Im about to head out for my run now, C25K week 3 day 3. Got week 3 done early this week as after tomorrow’s outpatient surgery I’m not sure when I’ll be able to start up again. Catch you all tomorrow ❤️
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    Posting here until July thread is up and running. ❤️

Weighing in daily for the month of July. Official weigh-in day is Saturday.

Starting weight - 338.8 Lbs
    Current weight - 170.1 Lbs
    July goal - maintain or down to 168 Lbs

Ultimate goal - 165 Lbs

01 - 171.9 - PMS bloating - T-2 days.
    02 - 171.8 - PMS bloating - T-1 days.
    03 -
    04 -
    05 -
    July 06 -
    07 -
    08 -
    09 -
    10 -
    11 -
    12 -
    July 13 -
    14 -
    15 -
    16 -
    17 -
    18 -
    19 -
    July 20 -
    21 -
    22 -
    23 -
    24 -
    25 -
    26 -
    July 27 -
    28 -
    29 -
    30 -
    31 -

Total loss for July - ?? Lbs (Saturday’s)

103775544.png

Notes : my weight is going down despite the bloat I feel. I have a feeling it’s either gonna go up tomorrow when my period starts or it’s gonna stay where it is for the next few days. We shall see. I saw my doctor yesterday and he was happy with my progress this week down 2 lbs on his scale. I’m less stressed but I still have to control my obsession with weight loss. Apparently, It’s unhealthy when my every thought is how much did I eat, how much I burn, how much I drink, what times I eat, how will this affect tomorrow’s weigh in etc etc. He says it tires and stresses him out and he’s not the one doing it lol. Im about to head out for my run now, C25K week 3 day 3. Got week 3 done early this week as after tomorrow’s outpatient surgery I’m not sure when I’ll be able to start up again. Catch you all tomorrow ❤️

Edited. I knew my weight loss was not accurate. Weighed again and it was up to where I was yesterday. That’s more like it.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,578 Member
    Options

July 01 - 163.1
    July 02 - 165.6 - !!! that is more than I was at the beginning of June. Hopefully just a blip.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    @mari_moulin

Your words:
    "Apparently, It’s unhealthy when my every thought is how much did I eat, how much I burn, how much I drink, what times I eat, how will this affect tomorrow’s weigh in etc etc."

Yes, gf, that is how we stay accountable. Those of us who can so easily gain weight have to be pretty diligent.
    I know people who are vegan or celiac or diabetic that also pretty much live like that too (minus the weigh-ins).
    I don't know if staying on top of all of your hard work is an obsession - if it is then most of us here are probably obsessed : - )
  • mari_moulin
    Options
    @mari_moulin

Your words:
    "Apparently, It’s unhealthy when my every thought is how much did I eat, how much I burn, how much I drink, what times I eat, how will this affect tomorrow’s weigh in etc etc."

Yes, gf, that is how we stay accountable. Those of us who can so easily gain weight have to be pretty diligent.
    I know people who are vegan or celiac or diabetic that also pretty much live like that too (minus the weigh-ins).
    I don't know if staying on top of all of your hard work is an obsession - if it is then most of us here are probably obsessed : - )

Quite honestly I’d rather have an obsession that will keep me healthy and living longer than one that truly is unhealthy. I am learning to be a little less “obsessed” with it all but like you said it’s what helps me stay accountable and on top of my journey. If I let go too much I always wind up gaining loads. I will never be obese again!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited July 2019
    Options
    @tiabirdie56
    Yes, eating more frequently used to be the key to losing weight, the fads come and go.
    IF has been trending for awhile, but many trainers still suggest 6 small meals per day spaced throughout the day for blood sugar.
    I read an article about IF here on mfp that says that it works better for men than for women.
    I remember when low fat eating was a thing! Athletes carb loading etc.
    Keto works for some, and is disastrous for the health and bodily functions for others.
    Calories in and calories out...old tried and true method - this is what I am personally trying to do (having tried so many other "fads" over the years).
    We are all different, so finding what works takes some experimenting : - )

Good on you for maintaining like you have!

• dawnbgethealthy
    Options

Quite honestly I’d rather have an obsession that will keep me healthy and living longer than one that truly is unhealthy. I am learning to be a little less “obsessed” with it all but like you said it’s what helps me stay accountable and on top of my journey. If I let go too much I always wind up gaining loads. I will never be obese again!

In our primal life we humans spent all day hunting, fishing, gathering and preparing our food, it was our entire existence. Now we only have to go to the grocery store. So maybe we are hard-wired to think about it all day : - )
  • LisaW57
    LisaW57 Posts: 339 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options

In our primal life we humans spent all day hunting, fishing, gathering and preparing our food, it was our entire existence. Now we only have to go to the grocery store. So maybe we are hard-wired to think about it all day : - )

Indeed. I have listened to several talks, and read many studies, about the neuroscience of addiction. You are spot on, Dawn. We are hardwired for survival - food, shelter, safety, and sex. There's a line between the focus we place on losing weight and getting healthy, and dysfunction / disorder / addiction. That is where the behaviors continue "despite negative consequences." The pleasure center is flooded and disrupts overall chemical balance. The pleasure center is critical because we would not do the things necessary for survival if they were unpleasant - hence the production of endorphins and dopamine.

What we are doing here is as focused, diligent, lifelong as the recovery of a person with substance use disorder getting to remission and a healthy, functional lifestyle. Not that I'm equating our former eating and exercise habits to addiction, but those habits were certainly dysfunctional - and have some basis in neurology as well as other similarities in genetics, sociology, environment, trauma, and so forth.

• deepwoodslady
    deepwoodslady Posts: 10,897 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin First off, you have my 100% support. You are doing fantastic and it is your diligence that has made that happen! I am sure that before your weight loss surgery you promised to do your job if the doctors did theirs. That is exactly what you are doing, so I would chalk that comment by this doctor as bad mood. You know what to do & how to do it. No one needs to tell you. I remember a few weeks back there was some rude & unfounded comment by someone on one of the challenges that you are involved in concerning a loss you documented. No one supported the comment! However, it seemed to derail you for a bit before you got back on track. Don't let the naysayers or the jealous, or the grumpy doctors alter your course! Although I have not had weight loss surgery, I know that the weight loss plan & journey is different.

I am so proud of you. You just keep doing what is working for you. You have learned your body, your patterns & your strengths & weaknesses. You will get to where you want to be & your are NOT BEING OBSESSED about it, but rather, keeping that promise to yourself & your medical team by doing so. I know you are working on finding the sweet spot in your maintenance. You'll find it. I 100% agree with @dawnbgethealthy . It is the accountability that will get you there! Take it on the chin, girl, then keep on keepin' on! You are winning!
  • BigD06
    BigD06 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Original starting weight -166.6
    June starting weight -141.2
    June goal -137.5
    Ultimate goal -135

1st -141.2
    9th -139.5
    16th -137.8
    23nd -(I'll be going to Vegas from 20th-23rd)
    30th -137.2 WHOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Total loss for June -4 lbs exactly! Yay!!!!

Good Luck... I'll be in Vegas 24th-28th.... I'm about 10 lbs from my goal..