Lose 5lbs + in June 2019

Options

Replies

• mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin
    Yes, stay on top of it. You have come too far and worked so hard. It is most definitely a lifestyle change and some experimenting.
    You are working out and tracking and posting, these are positive life choices.
    Some people stay at 1200 calories forever (Princess Kate, 5'11"). Of course that doesn't mean that we all need to, because we are all different.
    Definitely you want to nip it in the bud quickly.
    Sorry that you feel defeated today. It is so not easy! You've got this girl.

Thank you! I’m really trying not to completely go off rails here. I tend to allow myself to get into a downward spiral when things go bad. I start to binge and make things worse so I am getting a hold of myself before this happens. I’ve made my adjustments for the new week and hopeful I can gay back to my starting weight by the end of the week. I’ve gotten so much amazing advice and support from my amazing MFP family. Thank you!
  • tramaine_21
    tramaine_21 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hello all! Happy Summer!!

Just going to do a quick check-in....I'm not going to weigh-in today because it's the end of my TOM and I just feel like my weigh-in won't be as accurate. So, I'm going to wait until next week to step on the scale, that would give me plenty of time to feel like my self again without the added bloat/water-weight.

See ya then!

6/15: 183.6
    Next weigh-in: 6/27th
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,557 Member
    Options
    58 years old, 5'3"
    Oct 27.18 joined MFP Start weight 191
    June goal 158.3

May loss - 1.8 - Really wanted to get into the 150s. Not yet.
    April loss - 7.7 - Maybe all of that calorie burn from February and March finally showed up.
    March total: loss 1.7 lbs - This is all that I lost with a deficit of 18,713 calories
    February total calories burned (not the deficit) - 20,350 - loss 1.4 lbs

June 01 - 163.3
    June 02 - 163.0
    June 04 - 163.2
    June 05 - 163.1
    June 07 - 163.4
    June 08 - 162.8
    June 09 - 164.1 - Didn't get to eat until extremely late last night. Hopefully the number is better tomorrow.
    June 10 - 165.0 - Not sure why I am up today.
    June 11 - 162.9 - Glad that spike is over, hopefully back on the losing track
    June 12 - 161.5 - I didn't make the best choices last night, so I expect this might catch up with me.
    June 13 - 162.2
    June 14 - 161.4
    June 15 - 162.3 - Halfway through the month. Had hoped for more of a loss, but will keep trying.
    June 16 - 161.8 - Really fluctuating this month.
    June 17 - 163.2 - Argh. Had way more water yesterday than usual.
    June 18 - 162.9
    June 19 - 160.3 - I had a hard time getting enough water in the last few days. If it is not just water loss then woo-hoo!
    June 20 - 161.0 - 161 is my 30 pound loss mark
    June 21 - 160.9
    June 22 - 162.2
    June 23 - 163.0 - 7 days to get this number down

June Running loss/gain - loss 0.3 lbs
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    @mari_moulin Deep breath! Be strong! A lot of people experience an upward fluctuation when they change their calories/WOE. Then the numbers settle again. Looks like you've got a good plan. Just hold in there! And don't be afraid to reach out to your MFP buddies for support! You are amazing and you have achieved amazing things!!
  • mari_moulin
    mari_moulin Posts: 3,717 Member
    Options
    kmfeig87 wrote: »
    @mari_moulin Deep breath! Be strong! A lot of people experience an upward fluctuation when they change their calories/WOE. Then the numbers settle again. Looks like you've got a good plan. Just hold in there! And don't be afraid to reach out to your MFP buddies for support! You are amazing and you have achieved amazing things!!

Thank you so much. Let’s hope my plan works or at least gets be to where I was at the beginning of the month. I’m so blessed to have such a great support group here on MFP!
  • bibi12378
    bibi12378 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Horrible weekend :( I'm trying not to beat myself up over it but it's very discouraging. I just have to keep going forward and step it up this week.

Original starting weight -240
    June starting weight -240
    June goal - 235/232
    Ultimate goal -160

(I'm weighing myself on Mondays and Fridays because weekends...UGH!)

3rd - 240
    7th - 240
    10th - 238.4
    14th - 235.6
    17th - 235.9
    21st - 234.7
    24th - 237.8
    28th -
    30th -

To those that are doing the daily weigh in - does that keep you more accountable?
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,557 Member
    Options
    @bibi12378
    Hi Bibi - yes, for me daily weighing does keep me more accountable.
  • kmfeig87
    kmfeig87 Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    @lalabank Love your long term planning and congrats on the amazing weightloss. However....I'm hoping that your end goal is 130 pounds, not 30 pounds. 😉I don't know your height, but I'm thinking 30 pounds is too low!! 😁
  • LisaW57
    LisaW57 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    bibi12378 wrote: »
    Horrible weekend :( I'm trying not to beat myself up over it but it's very discouraging. I just have to keep going forward and step it up this week.

To those that are doing the daily weigh in - does that keep you more accountable?

Fluctuations are normal. Don't beat yourself up. I come into the group twice a week. I tend to get compulsive with message boards, so I limit my exposure. That's a balance that keeps me engaged and accountable. I log my weight, food, and exercise daily in MFP. That lets me watch trends and keeps me accountable to me.