honest opinions please... even if its brutal

Options
13»

Replies

• MsWallwoman
    Options
    You are certainly very thin, but here is the question. Are you HEALTHY?!?!?

What does your doctor say?

How do you feel? Are you STRONG?

Do you have a healthy mental relationship with food/exercise/your body?

These are the more important questions.

I agree. :wink:
  • Legs_McGee
    Legs_McGee Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I think you look great.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I think you look great! Not too thin at all. And if you feel strong/fast/healthy/happy, there's no need for you to fret over trying to gain weight. :-)
  • Vince_1964
    Vince_1964 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    According to several height/weight charts, 110 lbs for a 5'5" female is below the "ideal" body weight range (117-141, depending on your frame size). My wife was about that size (maybe even a bit less) when we first started dating, and she was a distance runner, so she was very healthy at that weight though.

IMO, you should try to add a few pounds. Try upping your daily calorie intake a bit and consider adding strength training to your routine to add more muscle - that should put you into that low end of the "ideal" range - mayber 117-125.
  • clairedrose
    clairedrose Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I really don't think anyone can answer that but you and your doctor. My husband is 5'11" and 138. I am 5'6" and when I was 135 I was just right, maybe a tad thin. Bone structure,muscle,etc all are different. I suspect if your family is concerned, it may be because your relationship to food differs from their own. That could be good or bad. If you are asking,you are either concerned yourself or ticked off.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I like my weight. I am 5'5 and 110 pounds. My family wants me to gain weight though. Do i look too thin? Do my ribs show too much?

I think you look fine in your pictures. Don't let your family determine your goals for you. You would be fine with another 15 pounds, but you are fine how you are too. Enjoy what you see in the mirror. That's what's important, I think.