"Four terms that make dietitians cringe" - Why we say what we do on these boards

Options

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    Clean drives me crazy because someone will always make a joke about dirty food... oops.
  • missblondi2u
    missblondi2u Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »
    I didn't get to read the entire article because I hit a pay wall, but I'm curious as to whether hydrogenated oil would be a "bad" food. Not saying all calories aren't equal, but I do consider foods with hydrogenated oil bad, but maybe I've been misinformed.

No, they didn't make any specific determinations of foods to be considered bad, which would kind of defeat the point. They are not saying that some foods are not more nutritious than others, but that morally labeling them is counter productive.

Thanks. That makes sense, because how can foods have morals :) I'm a big advocate of enjoying the foods you like within your calorie budget, but hydrogenated oil is the one thing I police strictly as my understanding is that it is bad for you, not because it is less nutritious than other oils, but because it is plain unhealthy and probably shouldn't be in food in the first place.
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    MikePTY wrote: »
    Brilliant.

I'm often asked if I'm 'carbing down'? And do I feel guilty when I have a naughty snack?

Arrrgggghhhh

I'm eating clean in that I wash fruit and veggies before I eat them :wink:

I do also try to not eat food if I've dropped it on the floor, at least if it goes past the 5 seconds rule. So I guess I clean eat too ;)

Haha I did the 5 second rule in work a few weeks ago and stood back up to see horrified faces. Mightn't have been so bad if I hadn't said it out loud. Errr I've got 5 seconds to put it in the bin ....

I work in a hospital. No way in hell I'm eating anything that falls on the floor. :D

glassyo wrote: »
    *runs in*

"With ingredients you can pronounce."

*runs out*

:D:smiley:
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    OP 👍🏻👍🏻