Abs or no abs?? A man's opinion....

Options
2»

Replies

• HOSED49
    HOSED49 Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I have always been under the impression that your abs will show when they are near a certain bodyfat percentage. I have read this several times although I cant remember a reference to give right now, but common sense would say the closer to teen digit bodyfat you get , the more your abs will show. I found this to be true in my case as I was at around 21% in January of this year and climbed down to 15% in April which gave me my abs back. Now that they are back , it motivates me even more to keep them before they go hide again!
    For the piggyback question, work your core- strengthen your abs and lower back,as the two are synonymous. If your abs appear, great job, keep up the good work!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I have always been under the impression that your abs will show when they are near a certain bodyfat percentage. I have read this several times although I cant remember a reference to give right now, but common sense would say the closer to teen digit bodyfat you get , the more your abs will show. I found this to be true in my case as I was at around 21% in January of this year and climbed down to 15% in April which gave me my abs back. Now that they are back , it motivates me even more to keep them before they go hide again!
    For the piggyback question, work your core- strengthen your abs and lower back,as the two are synonymous. If your abs appear, great job, keep up the good work!

It's largely Dependant on Genetics. Some will show abs at 12 to 14 percent where others will have to get down to 9 or 8 percent (for guys. For women I would assume it's somewhere in the 15 to 19 percent range). It depends on your muscle build, age, weight, and genetics, but the size of that muscle is largely determined by genetics.
  • stephanielynn76
    stephanielynn76 Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Found this old topic... hmmmmm.... very interesting responses...
  • BellySoonGone
    Options
    I have never come across a woman with flat stomach and thought "damn, I wish she had some abs." If you are in a position to be contemplating both, then you are already better off than most.

Could've not said it better..
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Wow glad someone found this thread. So i get the idea that most of the men who replied prefer a flat belly which is toned but not ripped with a full on six pack!
    Haha so lookin at my profile pic where do i fit in?