Food

What foods do you completely stay away from?

Replies

• bisky
    bisky Posts: 953 Member
    I stay away from red meat, poultry and pork. I am trying to limit cheese. Also most processed foods.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Anything rotten or poisonous (at least I try). Really strong smelly cheeses.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    walnuts
  • sunfastrose
    sunfastrose Posts: 543 Member
    Foods that have gone bad/rotten or that I don't like. Everything else is in the right time in the right amount.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,899 Member
    Canned tuna. Too similar to cat food, and especially seeing it mixed with mayo it really turns my stomach. Most other foods don't bother me to be around, even if I don't want to eat them myself.
  • chris89topher
    chris89topher Posts: 389 Member
    I stopped eating potato chips, coffee creamer and trying to stay away from candy bars, cookies, etc. Mainly because they're a slippery slope but also just trying to test my strength to see if I can do it. I still eat a pint of light ice cream per night though. Low Cow or Halo Top is life! Lol.

I've been good for a while. And for the last two months I've mostly stopped eating meat. No particular reason really. Again, I guess it's partly to see if I can. Plus I've always wanted to try the vegetarian life. Not sure if that's the direction I'm ultimately going, but I'm open to it. In its place I've been eating lots of Quorn Meatless Pieces and Quorn steak strips in my salads. It's delicious stuff!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    walnuts

Yeah, they make my tongue swell.

Kale and quinoa, because yuck. 🤢
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    Cheese and most condiment type sauces (mayo, ketchup, aioli) because I can't stand them.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,721 Member
    Lima beans, seaweed salad, meat, fish and seafood . . . also insects. Vegetarianism saves me from trying a lot of foods I'd otherwise feel obligated to sample.
  • Clarisse_McClellan
    Clarisse_McClellan Posts: 44 Member
    Brussels sprouts, tofu, cooked cabbage, mushrooms.
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Shrimp cause I'm allergic.

Meat because I'm pescatarian.

Lima beans and radishes cause yuck!
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    In for the lima bean hate :D
  • ChasingSweatandTears
    ChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504 Member
    Brains and reproductive organs...
    Yep, that about covers it.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    Brussels sprouts. Yuck.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Cured meats. I had a precancerous colon polyp removed last year and cured meats have been linked to colon cancer, so cured meats are off my diet. Including bacon. 😫
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    • Peppers (except chilli peppers).
    • Cauliflower.
    • Brussels sprouts.
    • Eels.
    • Foie gras.
    • Reese's chocolate.
  • kellisng
    kellisng Posts: 9 Member
    Bananas, avocado and mushrooms because they make me so ill even though I love them. Gluten and dairy because I have crohns and I'm really sensitive to them but I do have small amounts. Not much fruit or veg because too much fibre.