Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Food

Sm3018Sm3018 Posts: 29Member, Premium Member Posts: 29Member, Premium Member
What foods do you completely stay away from?

Replies

• biskybisky Posts: 741Member Member Posts: 741Member Member
    I stay away from red meat, poultry and pork. I am trying to limit cheese. Also most processed foods.
  • sardelsasardelsa Posts: 7,955Member Member Posts: 7,955Member Member
    Anything rotten or poisonous (at least I try). Really strong smelly cheeses.
  • L1zardQueenL1zardQueen Posts: 6,994Member Member Posts: 6,994Member Member
  • sunfastrosesunfastrose Posts: 528Member Member Posts: 528Member Member
    Foods that have gone bad/rotten or that I don't like. Everything else is in the right time in the right amount.
  • lemurcat2lemurcat2 Posts: 2,553Member Member Posts: 2,553Member Member
    Canned tuna. Too similar to cat food, and especially seeing it mixed with mayo it really turns my stomach. Most other foods don't bother me to be around, even if I don't want to eat them myself.
  • chris89topherchris89topher Posts: 61Member Member Posts: 61Member Member
    I stopped eating potato chips, coffee creamer and trying to stay away from candy bars, cookies, etc. Mainly because they're a slippery slope but also just trying to test my strength to see if I can do it. I still eat a pint of light ice cream per night though. Low Cow or Halo Top is life! Lol.

I've been good for a while. And for the last two months I've mostly stopped eating meat. No particular reason really. Again, I guess it's partly to see if I can. Plus I've always wanted to try the vegetarian life. Not sure if that's the direction I'm ultimately going, but I'm open to it. In its place I've been eating lots of Quorn Meatless Pieces and Quorn steak strips in my salads. It's delicious stuff!
  • quiksylver296quiksylver296 Posts: 24,764Member Member Posts: 24,764Member Member
    walnuts

Yeah, they make my tongue swell.

Kale and quinoa, because yuck. 🤢
  • TrishSerenTrishSeren Posts: 488Member Member Posts: 488Member Member
    Cheese and most condiment type sauces (mayo, ketchup, aioli) because I can't stand them.
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Posts: 10,930Member Member Posts: 10,930Member Member
    Lima beans, seaweed salad, meat, fish and seafood . . . also insects. Vegetarianism saves me from trying a lot of foods I'd otherwise feel obligated to sample.
  • Clarisse_McClellanClarisse_McClellan Posts: 43Member Member Posts: 43Member Member
    Brussels sprouts, tofu, cooked cabbage, mushrooms.
  • lalalacroixlalalacroix Posts: 641Member Member Posts: 641Member Member
    Shrimp cause I'm allergic.

Meat because I'm pescatarian.

Lima beans and radishes cause yuck!
  • mph323mph323 Posts: 3,267Member Member Posts: 3,267Member Member
    In for the lima bean hate :D
  • ChasingSweatandTearsChasingSweatandTears Posts: 504Member Member Posts: 504Member Member
    Brains and reproductive organs...
    Yep, that about covers it.
  • ceiswynceiswyn Posts: 1,635Member Member Posts: 1,635Member Member
    Brussels sprouts. Yuck.
  • whmscllwhmscll Posts: 1,949Member Member Posts: 1,949Member Member
    Cured meats. I had a precancerous colon polyp removed last year and cured meats have been linked to colon cancer, so cured meats are off my diet. Including bacon. 😫
  • sijomialsijomial Posts: 14,792Member Member Posts: 14,792Member Member
    • Peppers (except chilli peppers).
    • Cauliflower.
    • Brussels sprouts.
    • Eels.
    • Foie gras.
    • Reese's chocolate.
  • kellisngkellisng Posts: 8Member Member Posts: 8Member Member
    Bananas, avocado and mushrooms because they make me so ill even though I love them. Gluten and dairy because I have crohns and I'm really sensitive to them but I do have small amounts. Not much fruit or veg because too much fibre.