Over 50 😳

Anyone else finding it hard losing weight on the menopause and the older you are seems so much harder Help!!!

Replies

• scenzanolan
    scenzanolan Posts: 2 Member
    Yes especially around the belly - before it would be the first place I would lose it 35 down and still it is all there :neutral:
  • pak071120
    pak071120 Posts: 1 Member
    Me too!!! Just getting started at trying fitness planning etc. any help and advice is welcome!!!!
  • Stephiesjourney
    Stephiesjourney Posts: 45 Member
    Sent a request your way
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    This group might be helpful to you >> https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/506-near-or-post-menopausal-group

Losing weight no matter what age or if in menopause is possible. Being in calorie deficit consistently is what it takes.
    I was 42 when I decided I really needed to do something about my weight, it was slow going for me, I had 20lbs to lose and it took me a year but the good thing is I have kept it off. I am now 50, no menopause signs as yet and so far I'm keeping trim but I am pretty active and am good at staying consistently within my maintenance calories.

All the best.
    Ruth
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    It's been difficult for me to lose weight no matter the age. I'm just setting mini goals for myself and won't bother thinking about how hard it will be because of my age or medical status. Why add that negativity? :)