Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Best swim fitness watch that will sync with my fitness pal?

edandpatlockett1edandpatlockett1 Posts: 6Member Member Posts: 6Member Member
I have killed 3 Fitbit and one Garmin watches. My main purpose for this tool is for swimming and heart rate. I do not have a cell phone. So dear community, please recommend a watch that you have found that would be the best for me. I'm ready to invest in another tracker since I am doing well on this weight loss journey of 45 lbs. lost thus far. Thank you!

Replies

• Steff46Steff46 Posts: 481Member Member Posts: 481Member Member
    What type of Garmin did you have? If it leaked or broke Garmin may even replace it.
    I've used my Garmin 920XT for the past four years and so far so good. I usually swim about 2 or 3 times a week. It syncs real well to the Garmin Connect app, training peaks, Strava, and also MFP.
  • eb8566eb8566 Posts: 126Member Member Posts: 126Member Member
    I just switched to an Apple Watch so that I could swim with it. So far it is holding up in the water but it’s only been about a week. I don’t expect any issues. I like it much more than I did my Fitbit.
  • NorthCascadesNorthCascades Posts: 8,580Member Member Posts: 8,580Member Member
    I've got 2.5 (?) years on my Garmin Fenix 5.
  • SCoil123SCoil123 Posts: 2,011Member Member Posts: 2,011Member Member
    Fitbit flex2 is designed to track swimming but I don’t think it has HR monitoring
  • merekinsmerekins Posts: 212Member Member Posts: 212Member Member
    Fitbit has a new Inspire HR that tracks swimming. It’s time for me to replace as well and think I’ll go with that.
  • edandpatlockett1edandpatlockett1 Posts: 6Member Member Posts: 6Member Member
    Steff46 wrote: »
    What type of Garmin did you have? If it leaked or broke Garmin may even replace it.
    I've used my Garmin 920XT for the past four years and so far so good. I usually swim about 2 or 3 times a week. It syncs real well to the Garmin Connect app, training peaks, Strava, and also MFP.

I don't remember but it was replaced twice. I killed it for the final time in the Caribbean...didn't know salt water was a no no. Does your watch sync with my fitness pal?
    merekins wrote: »
    Fitbit has a new Inspire HR that tracks swimming. It’s time for me to replace as well and think I’ll go with that.
    So have you heard good things about the ne fitbit HR?
    eb8566 wrote: »
    I just switched to an Apple Watch so that I could swim with it. So far it is holding up in the water but it’s only been about a week. I don’t expect any issues. I like it much more than I did my Fitbit.

Doesn't the apple watch require using a cell phone? Does it sync with my fitness pal?