How to ask others to not talk about my weightloss?

Options
2»

Replies

• Westieok
    Westieok Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can’t change people just how you react to them Just say thank you for noticing and change the subject. Have a subject planned such as “I tried a new recipe yesterday”.
  • Booksandoceans
    Booksandoceans Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I think it is so individual and context-dependent. I work in a prison’s sexually violent predators’ treatment center where there are strict rules against commenting about bodies in front of inmates. For me saying: please don’t comment on my body is the right thing to say at work. For others in other contexts they may like those comments or the commenters may mean it differently. I’ve had both colleagues who know better and inmates comment. That is not okay for me and the intentions are not always kind or appropriate.
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I do not like the constant comments I receive daily. My brother-in-law and a male friend looking me up and down telling me I lost weight. The people every single day that have to comment on the salad I eat for lunch, every single day questions about my salad and you are being good etc. I have been asked if I plan on losing more weight. How much did you lose? Oh I won't offer you this candy bar. Or someone picking up my name tag two different times and saying to me "Oh, you were a fatty" and Oh, you were a piggy". I can go on and on. One post someone wrote when they ask how much weight you lost (which I get that too and won't tell), to answer I don't know but "why". And changing the subject might work too. I should try that when they get all into my salads.
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Someone actually said “oh, you were a fatty” or “oh, you were a piggy”? How completely rude and mean. If this was a work situation they should be disciplined. I can’t tell you what I would say to someone who ever said something ao nasty to me. As for the salads, perhaps you should say something like “yes, it’s delicious, you should try eating salad.”