I made this tonight and HAD to share the recipe! It's SO good! Even my husband said he couldn't think of a single way to improve on it (he's a really good cook and I always ask if he has suggestions). It's keto-friendly but anyone who likes fish will love this!
This recipe makes 4 servings. A 4 oz serving of fish might not sound like much but with the crust and the rich sauce, it's actually plenty.
Cals per serving: 373
* Two 8 oz fillets of white fish (I used swai)
* 1/2 cup almond flour (you can use regular flour but the almond adds a great flavor)
* 1/4 cup parmesan
* 1 egg
* 2 tbsp milk or cream (I used half and half)
* 2 tbsp coconut oil
* 4 tbsp butter, melted
* 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
* 1/4 cup mayo
* Salt and pepper to taste (I used a sprinkle of lemon pepper, and an extra sprinkle of ground black pepper)
* Set out three pie tins. In one, put half the almond flour. In one, put an egg, beaten with the milk. In the third, put the rest of the almond flour, and the parmesan, and mix it.
* Coat the fish in the almond flour from the first tin, then dip in the egg mixture, and then coat in the parmesan mixture.
* Heat the coconut oil in a pan on medium heat, and add the fish
* The time it takes will depend on the thickness of the fillets. After a few minutes, check the bottom of the fish. When it's golden brown (and the bottom half of the fillets look opaque), flip it over and cook until the fish is opaque and the crust is a golden brown (a dark golden brown is great)
* Mix melted butter with the lemon juice and spices
* Add the mayo and mix well.
* Let it cool a bit so the sauce thickens up (you can always heat it up if you want it thinner)