Would you rather have a maid, a personal chef, or a chauffeur?

Options
laprimaJenny
laprimaJenny Posts: 1,495 Member
Just because the forums are usually dead on the weekends.

So I’m simply trying to spark some conversation.

Replies

• JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    OMG, a maid.

I don't think I could relenquish control enough to let someone else drive me around... And I like to cook but live in a house with 3 men. A maid would make my life sooooo much easier. What about you @laprimaJenny ?
  • laprimaJenny
    Options
    It’s funny you mention that you feel that way about being driven. I wouldn’t mind being driven everywhere. Actually my husband in many ways is like my personal chauffeur. Don’t get me wrong for the most part I drive myself, but if I had a choice I would always prefer to be driven and he prefers to drive. Although I would still prefer a maid. I also love cooking and hate cleaning up the mess. Plus with work and children a maid would be more of help to me.
  • SwannySez
    SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    Maid hands down -
  • laprimaJenny
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    Maid hands down -

You just like the outfit!
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    chauffeur
  • laprimaJenny
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Maybe Im a control freak...

#1 - I dont want a maid, because I clean thoroughly and betterer than most people (and Id think a maid would just "surface clean" and not thoroughly clean to my standard.

#2 - I dont want a personal chef, b/c I want control of what goes into my food...I'm kinda anal about measuring and stuff, and super picky/exclusive

#3 - I like driving by myself, but if in a car with another person I prefer to be the passenger because I don't want the responsibility of that other person "on me"...if we get into an accident, I don't want to be responsible for the passengers potential injury...I'd rather take the position of 'passenger'. I hate having passengers in my car...I feel responsible and protective of them, it is a stressor for me, b/c if I get into an accident and they get hurt...it's somewhat my fault.
    ...ahhh, it must be hard to have kids and have to think of this

And all being said...Im just me...no kids, tiny space (easy to clean)...so cleaning and cooking are no big deal, my place is clean as *kitten* (I'm challenging myself on the 'clean white sock' tho (socks arent as 'clean' as Id like them to be, walking around my tiny apartment and I dont know why)

...now, my oven is a disaster, and I'm afraid to clean it....I cooked a vidalia onion the other day in foil, but it leaked and there is this giant pile of "stuff" in the oven bottom.

Gonna go spray the oven cleaner now...wish me luck Jenn!

I wasn’t trying to think this deep, but the reality of having someone constantly doing your daily tasks could get tiresome and wouldn’t make life feel meaningful.

For me personally having an extra pair of hands to help out when needed would be enough. Life can be so busy and it seems like I can never keep up.
  • laprimaJenny
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    Mmm-K, J
    ...think I'd pay someone to clean my oven...this seems like the most horrific task I've ever undertaken.
    *note I rent, this isnt my grodyness Im cleaning (except the vidalia onion mess) someone else's disgustination of an oven (and Im a bit of a clean freak...working on desensifying myself)

..dang, I make up a lot of words apparently! But you get me, Im sure!

I would clean your oven for you, if you would let me.
  • Cowsfan1
    Cowsfan1 Posts: 7,937 Member
    Options
    Cowsfan1 wrote: »
    Maid hands down -

You just like the outfit!

🤷‍♂️
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    A maid, no question.
  • Tankiscool
    Tankiscool Posts: 11,105 Member
    Options
    Maid for sure. I love to cook and be in control.
  • smaerose
    smaerose Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    How about a groundskeeper? Does that count as a maid?
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    Chef definitely. I hate cooking.
  • laprimaJenny
    Options
    smaerose wrote: »
    How about a groundskeeper? Does that count as a maid?

That would be lovely considering cutting the grass is a pain in the *kitten*.
  • laprimaJenny
    Options
    _Ryder wrote: »
    At first I was leaning towards chef, but I think I'll go with maid. That would allow me to be more in control of my calories if I'm the one prepping my meals.

What if it was a chef that was also a personal trainer?! Would that make a difference?!
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Maid. For sure. My husband already does most of the cooking. I don't mind driving. But I struggle to find the time to clean so it definitely doesn't get done to my standards as much as I would like