What is your main meal, lunch or dinner?

Options
2»

Replies

• Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    My main meal is dinner at about 8pm. I tend to be hungry at night regardless of how much I eat during the day so it makes sense for me to eat most of my calories then.

To accommodate this I tend to naturally limit my calorie intake during the day when I'm rarely hungry and seeking food. I'll have a light breakfast or coffee in the morning, almost never eat lunch (generally only if there's a special occasion) and perhaps a mid-afternoon snack if I feel like I want it. Generally about 80% of my calories go into a big dinner (and treats).
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Always been dinner throughout my life...dinner to me meaning last meal of the day, which happens to be in the morning (night shifter). To make things even more confusing/disorienting with time of day, I generally disregard viewing things as "breakfast" foods (eggs, cereal, oats, etc.) or "dinner" foods (meat, vegetables, etc.) and consume both types of foods because time of day makes no difference to me (arbitrary time of day eating habits people have decided upon society to follow)
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Depends on where in the world you are from and if it is called supper, tea or dinner. In the UK they call lunch dinner and dinner tea...yeah confusing...but a cultural thing. Back home in Zimbabwe we call the evening meal supper...anyway, my three meals (morning, afternoon and evening) are pretty evenly caloried and macroed...so brekkie, lunch and supper for me ; )
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Lunch is traditionally the biggest meal here, so that's my biggest meal more often than not. Dinner is often light unless I'm going out, and breakfast is all over the board from non-existent to sometimes huge.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    4 meals a day, definitely most volume at 4 pm. Usually more calories, too, but not always.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    smaerose wrote: »
    I have gravitated to having lunch rather than dinner as the main meal of the day, even though culture, dinner is traditionally the big one. Dining out is less elaborate over lunch, and I would rather keep things simple and light toward the end of the day.

What is your main meal?

Different cultures though do treat lunch as their biggest meal.

I don't eat breakfast and I eat the overwhelming majority of my calories at lunch. I am usually not hungry for an evening meal so I tend to eat a small snack. Because I eat so light I am able to control my acid reflux with no medication so that is an added benefit.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Dinner for me, I like to save at least 1000-1500 cals for it most days
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I usually have a cappuccino for breakfast and then my large meal can be lunch or dinner depending on the day and my hunger levels.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    My meals are often similar sized, but to the extent I have a larger one, it's dinner.

Dinner is my most important meal, whatever size it is. Lunch is eaten at work at my desk, so that could never be my most important meal.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Dinner tends to be my bigger meal. I do my runs after work, and I don't want to be logy because of too much food in my gut, so eating most of my food afterwards works for me. Plus, my wife tends to skip lunch, so she's hungrier at dinner, so I tend to cook larger meals to help her out as well.