Nearly a thousand calories in a dinner largely 'just' from vegetables

Options
2»

Replies

• nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    It is a waste to throw away good food, I know.

But it is also a waste to eat food you don't want or like, especially if that then results in going over calories or not being able to eat foods that fit your needs better.

I do like them, thats why I bought them. Mentally I just know that without the fatty protein bit I would feel a bit empty afterwards despite feeling full up physically. I couldnt afford the rest of the calories so made do.

It was a comment about veggies and not underestimating those really, plus a tale of woe about my dinner!
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    OooohToast wrote: »
    OP Says she is dreading the resulting wind, not the pile of veg which on reading I thought sounded like a fab dinner ! I do love roast veg !

To your point OP, I would say the biggest change in eating for me from being right lardy to being 40lb less so is my use of of olive oil and butter. I have gone froms sploshing it around / slapping it on toast as I fancy to measuring / weighing it. I know fat is fat but somewhere along the line, I think I thought EVOO was somehow better but that stuff is just as calorific despite being all sorts of yummy !!

Finally, when faced with a pile of veg, I eat as much as poss and then keep the leftovers for bubble and squeak the next day - any veg will do ! Or it goes into a blender with veg or chicken stock to become soup (probably the better option).

Thanks for sharing OP - I think its a good reminder to be mindful about pre-prepared food.

Yes Im afraid the wind was as I had feared. We also had storms here so some of it I could disguise!

Yes, you're like me, Im a right splosher with the oil and slapper with the butter. I just love it. Hence why ironically my most weight went on when I was cooking from scratch as I cant help myself chucking in this or that and I cope better with ready made or prepared foods to lose weight as Im not inclined to add stuff to them.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    I had 863 grams of vegetables at lunch at 324 calories. Then I have a bowl of vegetarian chili at 212 calories. For me that was pretty light on the vegetable servings lol.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    nooboots wrote: »
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Since when does cabbage have butter? 😑

I already explained, these are pre prepared pots of veg.

Oh, well that's the difference. If you use fresh veg and oil and season yourself then it's not nearly as caloric. I think that's what confused me about your post but it makes sense now.

+1
  • Neightyre29
    Neightyre29 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    When I make a big dinner and it's earlier on in the evening I usually put half away immediately. Depending how I feel I'll eat it later or the next day (usually next day). My "salad sundae" barely hits 300g once chopped and prepped. Kudos to you for being able to eat that much cabbage. I can just about manage a cup of broccoli hah! Strangely enough I don't find that I get wind after broccoli or even sprouts. But onions? Oh dear...