Standing desks

Options
2»

Replies

• Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I can either stand or sit and I alternate throughout the day. I love having the option!
  • ExistingFish
    ExistingFish Posts: 1,259 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    I have an inexpensive laptop stand (less than $50) that I bought off amazon for using my laptop while nursing the baby. I have recently discovered I can jack it all the way up (it's adjustable) and it works as a standing desk for me. I'm short, 5'0", probably wouldn't work for anyone over 5'6" or so...but cheap, and can be changed back to sitting quite easily.

I work from home on a laptop and I use it all the time now. I'd say I stand about 50% of the time. I wouldn't want to stand ALL the time, but it's nice.
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Standing all day makes my back hurt.

We have standing/sitting desks (adjustable) at my office and I've never seen anyone actually standing (there are probably like 75 people working here).
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    We have sit/stand. I go through phases where I use the stand almost daily, then a time when I hardly use it. I do, however, frequently get up and at least make a trip to the bathroom or mail room or some other area pretty much every hour.

At home I'm up and about all the time, and now that I live in a house with multiple levels, I have my computer area upstairs with the kitchen/fridge/etc downstairs, so adds a few extra steps/movement even at home.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I am retired, although at 2 of the last 3 places I worked I had, used, and logged standing at a desk for 8 hours a day. juststand.org.

I recently learned of wobble boards, and imagine that using one of those in conjunction with a standing desk would be more exercise to log after a busy day of work.