Eating after 6:00pm

Options
13»

Replies

• frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Wow. Reminds me of the saying in the 90s. “Eat after 8:00, you’ll gain weight.” Bologna. My FIRST meal of the day is between 3pm-5pm. I eat up until as late as 10 or 11. Lost weight and now maintaining my weight doing this for years. All about calories in, calories out.
  • keenest37
    keenest37 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I try to save calories for the evening so I don't snack & overeat. It's after midnight & I just had dinner! 😆
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Wow. Reminds me of the saying in the 90s. “Eat after 8:00, you’ll gain weight.” Bologna. My FIRST meal of the day is between 3pm-5pm. I eat up until as late as 10 or 11. Lost weight and now maintaining my weight doing this for years. All about calories in, calories out.

I know a skinny guy who works swing shift. :smile:

What sayings like that are getting at is a lot of people snack mindlessly and needlessly after dinner. You can probably lose weight by eating fewer snacks, and gain weight by eating more. If you're the type of person who hates numbers and loves simple rules, this might be helpful.* If you're the type of person who likes to understand how things work if they're important to you, eat whenever you like, just stay under your calories.

* I know somebody who lost weight on some dumb diet after not losing weight counting calories. I told him "that's because you weren't willing to break the arbitrary diet rules, but you were willing to break the don't go over your calories rule." He said "yep." I leaned from that.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh, what would I have to do when going on vacation in a time zone 3 hours away? Eat dinner before 15:00? :#