Weight Loss Plateau

irejb
irejb Posts: 64 Member
I use to be 170 and now I'm 161.

I'm trying to lose 10 more pounds, but for some reason it is not as easy as before.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Replies

• giancarlov1191
    giancarlov1191 Posts: 493 Member
    Can you give insight into your diet/fitness plan?

If you aren't losing weight after 3-4 weeks, you are eating too much and should try reducing your calories a bit. Try using the MFP calculations
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    the last few pounds you are usually well within healthy weight range. this means your rate of loss should be 0.5lb to be safe (lose fat not good body mass/muscle).

0.5lb is a small deficit so you need to be really really accurate with weighing and logging. errors that didn't matter before are not crucial to success.

plus, normal weight fluctuations that occur daily and weekly (and monthly) can mask loss.

are you not losing at ALL? or slowly? can you try using a weight trending app?
  • irejb
    irejb Posts: 64 Member
    Can you give insight into your diet/fitness plan?

If you aren't losing weight after 3-4 weeks, you are eating too much and should try reducing your calories a bit. Try using the MFP calculations

Thanks for your response.

I eat lots of vegetables and don't really calorie count since vegetables are low calories.

I also do HIIT exercises and started lifting weights.

I had one or two cheat days recently, but I don't think that would impact my weight loss overall.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited June 2019
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634517/you-dont-use-a-food-scale/p1

I would recommend at least confirming your info with a food scale for a few days. at least determine if that's the issue. it's easy.
    also log the cheat days.