Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What things do you eat/drink that you dislike in the name of good health?

For me its broccoli and carrots. I steam them and I dislike them. I eat them everyday FIRST so I have the yummy stuff for afters. In the beginning I'd eat them while reading an article about how nutritious they are to keep me going. Now I just do it... Recently drinking water has become a chore too, but I still do that. As a ritual I drink two glasses of water every morning the moment I wake up but boy does it actually help!

So guys what about you? Any rituals to keep you on the straight an narrow?

Replies

• Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    I got myself to enjoy plain Greek yogurt instead of the flavoured variety. It wasn't easy at first but now I'm good with it. :)
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    I was not a veggie person at all. I am getting better and finding ways to prepare them that I enjoy. Air fryer and roasting our my go to's. I hate most veggies raw. My biggest obstacle is water. I drank a lot of soda prior to this journey and it is a hard change.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,717 Member
    RAinWA wrote: »
    I really don't eat or drink anything I don't like unless it's required for a medical procedure. The doctor recently made me drink barium. That was nasty and I won't do it again unless required.

Seriously, life is too short to eat stuff you hate.

This!

I mean, I need to doctor some stuff up like greek yogurt because I can't eat that plain and I get my protein from limited sources but it's good enough that I'll still eat it.

Otherwise, 100% enojoyable or else is goes on the bus stop bench for the homeless.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I don't like being forced to eat maintenance calories for health reasons if I didn't have a chance to make a plan for how to use them. You could say that for the last few days about a third of everything I have eaten I have disliked.

Under normal situations though... nothing. I would have to have a really nervous doctor and a single source of the nutrient he was nervous about for me to eat something I didn't like.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    I don't necessarily *not like* vegetables, but I don't love them either. And in my perfect world I'd never eat them. But I try to change up the cooking style often, and baby carrots are easy enough to work in so I do it but I don't have to like it :D
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    I drink psyllium in juice every morning for better digestion and to help reduce cholesterol. The consistency is really gross, so I chug it down fast.
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    For me its broccoli and carrots. I steam them and I dislike them. I eat them everyday FIRST so I have the yummy stuff for afters. In the beginning I'd eat them while reading an article about how nutritious they are to keep me going. Now I just do it... Recently drinking water has become a chore too, but I still do that. As a ritual I drink two glasses of water every morning the moment I wake up but boy does it actually help!

So guys what about you? Any rituals to keep you on the straight an narrow?

Try sprinkling a little grated parmesan on your broccoli- makes a huge difference, and not many calories