What things do you eat/drink that you dislike in the name of good health?

Options

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    noel2fit wrote: »
    Lots of things. I'm surprised to hear so many people saying never. Salads and greens of all kinds especially. I'd never eat a leaf of any kind of lettuce, kale, cabbage, chard, spinach, etc ever again if I didn't think it was healthy. I dislike wheat/whole grain. I dislike quinoa, oats, all beans with the exception of refried in loads of fat and salt. I dislike lean meats like roasted chicken or broiled salmon and would only ever eat fried chicken/seafood and hamburger patties if lean protein weren't the "healthy" option.

When I was gaining weight I would crave salads, I ate seafood often, I had meatless days that featured beans, and ate plenty of grains. I do not like oatmeal so I didn't eat it then and I don't eat it now.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    noel2fit wrote: »
    Lots of things. I'm surprised to hear so many people saying never. Salads and greens of all kinds especially. I'd never eat a leaf of any kind of lettuce, kale, cabbage, chard, spinach, etc ever again if I didn't think it was healthy. I dislike wheat/whole grain. I dislike quinoa, oats, all beans with the exception of refried in loads of fat and salt. I dislike lean meats like roasted chicken or broiled salmon and would only ever eat fried chicken/seafood and hamburger patties if lean protein weren't the "healthy" option.

I guess many of us just aren't super picky eaters.

Personally, I rarely eat a salad...I have to be in the mood for that and that mood doesn't strike often. There are plenty of other vegetables I do like and eat though, so it's no biggie that I'm not eating a bunch of salad.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,555 Member
    Options
    I'm a weirdo who loves vegetables, especially roasted! I've been trying ones I've never tasted or cooked with and that's been fun.

I don't dislike anything I eat. The closest is Greek yogurt plain but I love it with a packet of Splenda and a bunch of cinnamon. I'm naturally not a big protein eater, so eating it 4 times a day to reach decent levels has been the most challenging.
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I can't think of anything that I eat on a regular basis that I dislike. I ran out of my protein powder a couple weeks ago, so I used some of my husband's ....BLECH! I finished my shake that morning and used it again the next, but I will definitely make sure I don't run out of mine again!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Dark leafy greens, my enemy. 😠
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    sweetbe44 wrote: »
    I’m in the nothing camp as well. For example, I hate mushrooms. Would not force myself to eat them for anything. Also don’t tend to do substitutes. I prefer to have less of the real thing than more of something masquerading as said thing. Example: if I want pasta, I’ll work it into my day and have some. I won’t have zucchini noodles, or whatever else, and try to convince myself that it tastes just like pasta.

amen. while zucchini noodles are fine, they are certainly not a replacement for pasta.