What things do you eat/drink that you dislike in the name of good health?

For me its broccoli and carrots. I steam them and I dislike them. I eat them everyday FIRST so I have the yummy stuff for afters. In the beginning I'd eat them while reading an article about how nutritious they are to keep me going. Now I just do it... Recently drinking water has become a chore too, but I still do that. As a ritual I drink two glasses of water every morning the moment I wake up but boy does it actually help!

So guys what about you? Any rituals to keep you on the straight an narrow?

Replies

• Lorleee
    Lorleee Posts: 369 Member
    I got myself to enjoy plain Greek yogurt instead of the flavoured variety. It wasn't easy at first but now I'm good with it. :)
  • Jamie2663
    Jamie2663 Posts: 779 Member
    I was not a veggie person at all. I am getting better and finding ways to prepare them that I enjoy. Air fryer and roasting our my go to's. I hate most veggies raw. My biggest obstacle is water. I drank a lot of soda prior to this journey and it is a hard change.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    RAinWA wrote: »
    I really don't eat or drink anything I don't like unless it's required for a medical procedure. The doctor recently made me drink barium. That was nasty and I won't do it again unless required.

Seriously, life is too short to eat stuff you hate.

This!

I mean, I need to doctor some stuff up like greek yogurt because I can't eat that plain and I get my protein from limited sources but it's good enough that I'll still eat it.

Otherwise, 100% enojoyable or else is goes on the bus stop bench for the homeless.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    I don't like being forced to eat maintenance calories for health reasons if I didn't have a chance to make a plan for how to use them. You could say that for the last few days about a third of everything I have eaten I have disliked.

Under normal situations though... nothing. I would have to have a really nervous doctor and a single source of the nutrient he was nervous about for me to eat something I didn't like.
  • sammidelvecchio
    sammidelvecchio Posts: 791 Member
    I don't necessarily *not like* vegetables, but I don't love them either. And in my perfect world I'd never eat them. But I try to change up the cooking style often, and baby carrots are easy enough to work in so I do it but I don't have to like it :D
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    I drink psyllium in juice every morning for better digestion and to help reduce cholesterol. The consistency is really gross, so I chug it down fast.
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    For me its broccoli and carrots. I steam them and I dislike them. I eat them everyday FIRST so I have the yummy stuff for afters. In the beginning I'd eat them while reading an article about how nutritious they are to keep me going. Now I just do it... Recently drinking water has become a chore too, but I still do that. As a ritual I drink two glasses of water every morning the moment I wake up but boy does it actually help!

So guys what about you? Any rituals to keep you on the straight an narrow?

Try sprinkling a little grated parmesan on your broccoli- makes a huge difference, and not many calories