Options
124»

Replies

• lsmsrbls
    lsmsrbls Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    a tblspn is 28 grams

This is a nonsensical statement.

For someone criticizing the way other people measure things, you clearly know nothing about units.
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    a tblspn is 28 grams

For someone criticizing the way other people measure things, you clearly know nothing about units.

Regardless, whatever a tablespoon IS, it never weighs the same, so it doesn't matter what the person said.
  • nitza53
    nitza53 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    One of my problems is I was that child who didn't get enough to eat so I get snippy if I think I'm deprived. I have issues about food that am just now realizing where it stems from. I have been hungry before. I love this site, I am having very little problem now with portion control realizing I am full on the amounts allowed and making better choices. I was raised on commodities, government cheese, pasta and canned vegetables. Gotta love that canned spam! We used to have to boil the powdered milk and it never tasted like fresh milk does so when I could I overindulged. still hard to resist good tasting food.
  • lsmsrbls
    Options
    a tblspn is 28 grams

Regardless, whatever a tablespoon IS, it never weighs the same, so it doesn't matter what the person said.

So...because no number could have been right across the board, it doesn't matter that she's making impossible claims?

Uh, no. She's still spreading misinformation, and that DOES matter.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    a tblspn is 28 grams

So true! It is entirely dependent on what the substance is.
  • ritchiedrama
    ritchiedrama Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    a tblspn is 28 grams

So...because no number could have been right across the board, it doesn't matter that she's making impossible claims?

My point is, no-one should ever be using a tablespoon, so it's irrelevant.
  • lsmsrbls
    Options
    a tblspn is 28 grams

My point is, no-one should ever be using a tablespoon, so it's irrelevant.

1. Even if people shouldn't be using tablespoons, it's still relevant, because someone wanting to convert a recipe that calls for tablespoons to one that calls for grams should not change everything using that conversion factor.

2. There are plenty of good reasons for using tablespoons. You have a serious lack of imagination if you can't think of a single one.

3. Just because you like to weigh your food doesn't mean everyone else needs to.