Breast Weight Making me overweight?

Options
13»

Replies

• brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    My cup size is larger than a DD and I guarantee that they aren't 20 lbs. So unless yours are bags of sand, that's not how much they weigh.

On to more important information. Imagine yourself with your breasts at an A cup, taking their 'weight' out of the picture. Is that the body you've been striving for with your weight loss or do you still think you could lose a bit more body fat?

I've imagined myself that way and I know I want to have a slimmer waist, more defined legs, less giggly bum and more defined arms (don't even get me started on my back). Don't use your breasts as an excuse to be happy with the status quo.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Go to the grocery store and find a two ten pound bags of rice. Hold them up to your chest and make comparisons. Bonus points if you ask complete strangers if these bags look like the size of your boobs.
  • CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Jag kom bara hit för att du pratade om breasticles
  • DrunkenFaeGirl
    Options
    put a scale on the counter, slap one on the scale and weigh it multiply by two and then you get the weight.

No, I have not actually tried this

I just did this (don't judge) I have M's and the larger one weighed in just around 10 lbs (I did it 3 times and that was the average). Now, if an M weighs 10 pounds there is no way a DD is going to.
  • MrsG31
    MrsG31 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    put a scale on the counter, slap one on the scale and weigh it multiply by two and then you get the weight.

My friend weighed her bb's in college.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    The real question is: Do breasts weigh more than fat?
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Just have a reduction so you hit your goal weight

Easy
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    The only real way to know how much a breast weighs is to get a density test done on the tissue, find out the volume using water displacement and then find the mass. Those scales are going to be very unreliable since you have to guess as to when it's the breast tissue you're measuring vs breast tissue plus your torso adding either weight (if you're trying to drop it down vertically) or pull (If you're going to slap it on there so that it's perpendicular to the chest).

Come on people, do any of you even science? :wink:
  • Lanise_10
    Lanise_10 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Cup size is relative to the band size...a 34DD (me) is a much smaller cup size than a 44DD. But no way in hell mine weigh 20 pounds!!!!
  • Nikki31104
    Nikki31104 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    a friend of mine just went from a EE to a B and lost just over 5 pounds>>>id hit the gym

Only 5 pounds?? I could have sworn my were heavier than that. I have often thought about throwing those bad boys in the fruit scale at the store but I don't think my kids would like that too much. LOL!!
  • DrunkenFaeGirl
    Options
  • _Krys10_
    _Krys10_ Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options

You should record this and post the results here...for Science...

That would get someone a lot of FR's

the things we do for science :laugh:
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

....often?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Generally people have big breasts because they're overweight, not the other way around.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I have weighed each of my breasts I am also a DD and they are about 2 pounds each. 20lbs is ridiculous!

ETA: I used a triple beam scale.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    the best way to weigh your boobs is to step on a scale, then ask someone to hold your boobs so they are supporting their weight. See how much weight gets subtracted from the number on the scale when you do this, and that's how much your boobs weigh. Or you can cut out the middle man and just read the number on the scale while your boobs are being supported, and see if it's anywhere near your goal weight. You'll need to subtract the amount of weight of the average pair of boobs from the weight you read off the chart though, because the chart assumes you have average sized boobs.

BMI charts are a load of poo anyway, you're better off getting your body fat percentage measured in a reliable way and base your goals on that. All the calliper methods I've seen don't take boob skinfold measurements, so having larger than average boobs won't affect the result, even though they will, in fact, make your body fat percentage a little higher...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    The only real way to know how much a breast weighs is to get a density test done on the tissue, find out the volume using water displacement and then find the mass. Those scales are going to be very unreliable since you have to guess as to when it's the breast tissue you're measuring vs breast tissue plus your torso adding either weight (if you're trying to drop it down vertically) or pull (If you're going to slap it on there so that it's perpendicular to the chest).

Come on people, do any of you even science? :wink:

Yes, I do...I totally get volume and stuff...

funny-science-news-experiments-memes-close-enough11.jpeg
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Sup?
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    For comparison purposes, this is how much fat would be in 20-lb boobs. (not totally accurate as breast tissue itself is slightly more dense, but a lot of it would be fat tissue)
    6a00d83451ba8c69e2011168465f4c970c-350wi
    plus
    plus
    plus
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options

:laugh: That sounds so fun. :tongue: