A Breakfast Poll

How many calories do you consume for breakfast on average? Conversations with co-workers have made me curious.

Replies

• ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    0... my breakfast is black coffee 6 days a week. I have breakfast on Sundays (a family affair) and I keeps that light - usually under 400 calories.
  • KcRavassa
    KcRavassa Posts: 45 Member
    Between 30 calories worth of coffee and creamer and up to 500ish calories when I make something on purpose to eat (like today I had a trail-mix bar I created out of leftover trail-mix and a little dough to bind it together).
  • lauragreenbaum
    lauragreenbaum Posts: 1,017 Member
    I'm not a huge breakfast fan, so not much. I put cream in my coffee and have maybe half a cup of cottage cheese if anything. I don't get hungry until about 11 am.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Generally 0. If I'm hungry in the morning, which is rare, I'll have something small. Between 80-150 calories usually. Most of the time, though, I don't each until noon. I had a snickers mini this morning. That was 55 calories.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    usually about 300 if I eat breakfast at all. Right now I'm pregnant so I'm eating more than usual, so around 500 for breakfast.
  • Terytha
    Terytha Posts: 2,097 Member
    Under or around 300, usually. A yogurt, an apple, and a coffee.

Weekends are the exception, I try to get them to around 600 and eat enough that I can skip lunch.
  • promisesstandin
    promisesstandin Posts: 150 Member
    maybe close to 500; have started loving breakfast - usually eating 2 meals a day now so, although 500 seems like a lot, I'm pushing calories by the second meal
  • mmstoeckle
    mmstoeckle Posts: 491 Member
    I range from 250 to 500 (for a weekend splurge). I need coffee and breakfast or I eat the pantry later in the day.
  • JeBeBu
    JeBeBu Posts: 258 Member
    I am with the majority here & am not a big morning water. If I do eat, almost always below 200 calories. I tend to be hungry at dinner after a full work day and workout.
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,163 Member
    edited June 2019
    I usually have between 800-1000 between a pre-workout smoothie at 4 am and my "real breakfast" around 8 or 8:30.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Usually 200-300,
  • cbstewart88
    cbstewart88 Posts: 453 Member
    Between 250 - 300 calories...
  • floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    I've always loved breakfast and I wake up starving 70% of the time. I think I'm eating too many calories in the morning that would better serve me to save for the evening when I want a snack. I average about 400ish calories from food and usually 50-75ish from creamer/half and half/milk in my coffee.

Those that eat but not a lot, what do you have for breakfast?
  • yasiral
    yasiral Posts: 133 Member
    around 250 - 300
  • JeBeBu
    JeBeBu Posts: 258 Member
    I've always loved breakfast and I wake up starving 70% of the time. I think I'm eating too many calories in the morning that would better serve me to save for the evening when I want a snack. I average about 400ish calories from food and usually 50-75ish from creamer/half and half/milk in my coffee.

Those that eat but not a lot, what do you have for breakfast?

Fruit, yogurt, cottage cheese, bar, toast with PB and/or jelly...
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Black coffee so probably 10-20 calories. Wife does a bar and cream in her coffee so she is at ~200 most days.
  • floofyschmoofer
    floofyschmoofer Posts: 209 Member
    What do you consider breakfast?

I'm up around 3:30, hit the gym, at work by 7:00 when I drink black coffee, then eat my "breakfast" around 9:30. It's almost always plain greek yogurt, protein powder, and berries - around 300 calories.

So my "breakfast" could be zero, 5 calories, or 300 calories, depending on definition.

The first "meal" of the day, if you eat one. If not, whatever one eat/drinks in the day before lunch? If you're up that early, you're in a whole other universe from me. My day starts at 7.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    During the work week around 300 calories. Weekends more like 450.