Anyone else tierd of logging?

Options
Hi, not sure if it’s just me or does anyone else get so tierd of logging every single thing they eat? I am starting to find it really mentally exhausting it’s like I am contanstly thinking about food and calories and my weight. I hate seeing my calories in the negative and I honestly feel stress about it if I am over .. anyone stopped counting and been alright with it?

Replies

• Kittyy1994
    Kittyy1994 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Also - I DEFINATELY don’t want to be doing this in the long run. How have people stopped and what happened after you stopped?
  • Kittyy1994
    Options
    I’ve been logging for 6 weeks gone from 65kg to around 61kg - don’t see any change in my body yet though
  • Kittyy1994
    Options
    I’m 5’6” and have it set to 0.2 kg per week but have lost a little faster than this so far
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Very but I keep going because my health and fitness is too important
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Lots of people on here have made it a part of their life which is great. I’m only using it until I lose all the weight which I’m aiming to do by summer 2020. After that I plan to stop using MyFitnessPal because I definitely find it quite exhausting. If I make a pot of soup I have to weigh the pot then divide the weight etc. Who has time for that? But I know the importance of counting calories and macros. It’s a love/hate thing for me. Good thing is I’ve been in maintenance for most of this year so I know roughly how much food is 1500 calories, 2000 calories and 2500. I’ve also noticed that by 2600-2700 calories I’m absolutely stuffed and I’ve reached my capacity. I’m trying to listen to hunger cues too so when I am fully in maintenance then I know what to do. Also as typical as it sounds but sticking to 80% whole foods helps to fill me up so even in maintenance I won’t be overeating. I mainly overeat on sugary junk foods which makes me gain weight. Long story short, yes, I do get tired of tracking but I know it’s only temporary and it has helped me a lot. I seriously didn’t know what calories I needed until MyFitnessPal. I only plan on coming back to MyFitnessPal when I want to lose abit of post baby weight because I know I’ll need it then!
  • etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Tracking calories has become second nature to me and does not take much time. Due to my medications increasing my appetite tremendously I don't think I will ever be able to intuitively eat. I plan on tracking as long as I can, the only time is gets a bit bothersome is when cooking from scratch and having to weigh each individual ingredient and the cookware so you can weigh the final product and such.
  • alondrakar
    alondrakar Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have one day a week (normally Sunday) when I don't track my intake which helps me chill out a little bit. But I don't feel like I am starving myself throughout the week either so I don't necessarily think about food to often unless I am hungry and I also don't pig out on Sunday either because I make room for moderate amounts of my favorite snacks throughout the week.

The goal is not to count for the rest of my life but that may just be what is in the cards for me. I've tried intuitive eating before and I always end up back on this app. I'm learning to make the best of it.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    It doesn't really bother me. I eat a lot of the same things in rotation, so it's really just a couple of clicks and my food is logged. Every once in a while I'll skip a day because I don't feel like it and it hasn't really hurt me. I figure when I'm done losing, I'm going to probably have to log in some capacity for the rest of my life if I don't want to gain the weight back, so I might as well get use to it. I've come to the realization, after losing and gaining the weight many times, that I am just not the kind of person who can ever just not keep track of what I'm eating.