Friends With Benefits, your experiences or thoughts

Options
MORECHABLIS
MORECHABLIS Posts: 164 Member
I was watching The Big Bang TV comedy and Friends with Benefits got mentioned. So I wondered if others had experienced that type of relationship and how it went. Plus any other thoughts.

A few years ago, I had 3 Friends With Benefits, one after another, each FWB lasted around 6 months to 1 year each time. As far as I am concerned and the ladies it worked very well. We enjoyed days and nights out and had some great 'encounters'. But weren't hassle to each other, no jealously, none of the hassles and control that happen in 'partner' relationships. When we had, had enough we just said, shall we call it a day and moved on...

Replies

• speaker746
    speaker746 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I dated a guy for 6 years and have now split up with him but we have a FWB thing going, as we ended on very good terms due to not wanting to lose each other as friends. Its much better now as we both have freedom and don't have to deal with the emotional toll of a long term relationship. So far so good!
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    An ex and I were FWB for a little less than a year. We're now in a relationship (for the past year +). Take that as you will though. I personally think it won't work for very long before one or both of the parties involved starts to want more.
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    off and on for 13+ yrs with the same guy....longest "relationship" I've ever had....and wouldn't change it.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, b!tches be crazy!

I married mine :P
  • whatshouldieat
    whatshouldieat Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    In these day's more and more are just doing the FWB. I believe FWB is good as long as both parties are on the same page. For those that are wanting this FWB, I say go for it.
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    In my single days I tried that .. in most cases someone gets hurt. I've been on
    both sides of that fence. Not worth it.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Sounds great to me.:happy:
  • Melissa_mojo
    Melissa_mojo Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Currently doing the fwb it works for us we dont have sex with anyone else but have the freedom to go out and do what ever we please and not have to worry about anything, Hmmmm should call him tonight lol
  • Monkey_Business
    Monkey_Business Posts: 1,800 Member
    Options
    I have had a long term relation with a friend with benefits.

I call her my wife, at least thats what the marriage cert says. Just saying.......
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    It can go either way. Back before the married days I had a few such experiences...two were just fine but one went very, very badly as my "friend" ultimately wanted more than that. The other two were awesome though...particularly being in the military, it was nice to not be tied down.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options

It wasn't the b!tch in my case...it was the guy! I was totally lovin' the FWB, could have cut it down to booty call...they're the ones that fell in love and wanted to "make it work". Until I found Dave...I thought he would be an awesome FWB, he put me in my place on our first date, either i'm all in or he's not going to waste his time. I have been with him (all in) for six years on October :smooched:
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options

It wasn't the b!tch in my case...it was the guy! I was totally lovin' the FWB, could have cut it down to booty call...they're the ones that fell in love and wanted to "make it work". Until I found Dave...I thought he would be an awesome FWB, he put me in my place on our first date, either i'm all in or he's not going to waste his time. I have been with him (all in) for six years on October :smooched:

LOL Awwww :heart:
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Hasn't happened... clearly I need better friends.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    Currently doing the fwb it works for us we dont have sex with anyone else but have the freedom to go out and do what ever we please and not have to worry about anything, Hmmmm should call him tonight lol

So... how is this not a relationship? are you free to have sex with anyone else and you both just aren't right now? are you free to go on dates, or what?
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    FWB... Yes. I have experience with this. Yummy. Yummy. Yummy.
  • bloominheck
    bloominheck Posts: 869 Member
    Options

LOL Awwww :heart:

Here is another awwww.. nice story! :smile:
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Someone always gets feelings (not me!) in my experience! :P
  • MORECHABLIS
    MORECHABLIS Posts: 164 Member
    Options

Some times my FWB ladies or I would call each other just for a 'booty call', not go out etc... With one FWB, there was a rule, that I couldn't say over night at hers, but she did at mine sometimes...
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Just so you know... The guys in FWB relationships get feelings too. And expect you to make them sandwiches! Or try to stick around to talk!
This discussion has been closed.