Friends With Benefits, your experiences or thoughts

Options

Replies

• MORECHABLIS
    MORECHABLIS Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Excellent, its like not having to pay a prostitute or pay for dinner with date. However, sex is WAY better when you have feelings for the person.

You do have feelings for the FWB, that's why its 'friends', but its being free, so you have sex with someone you like and discover about over time. But still no strings or hassles...

One of my ex-FWB used to see a few men, and she told me what days she was free... Worked very well for me.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Never again. Humans have emotions and they always get involved.
  • Pringlelingus
    Options
    Meh..avoid..people always make things complicated and feelings get hurt.
  • RobynLB83
    RobynLB83 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Emotionless sex isn't just for men. FWBs are great for everyone. It's a great way to learn about yourself sexually, emotionally, and about what you do and don't ultimately want in an eventual partner. I've had a half dozen FWBs that were pretty damn good friends and a blast in bed. Just don't ever ever ever tell whomever you end up with about yer... um... more carefree days.
  • funforsports
    funforsports Posts: 2,656 Member
    Options
    Emotionless sex isn't just for men. FWBs are great for everyone. It's a great way to learn about yourself sexually, emotionally, and about what you do and don't ultimately want in an eventual partner. I've had a half dozen FWBs that were pretty damn good friends and a blast in bed. Just don't ever ever ever tell whomever you end up with about yer... um... more carefree days.

Agree with this 100%
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Just don't ever ever ever tell whomever you end up with about yer... um... more carefree days.

Never! A smart woman never tells no matter how much fun. Just hold onto the memories. :devil:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Excellent, its like not having to pay a prostitute or pay for dinner with date. However, sex is WAY better when you have feelings for the person.

IDK some of my best experiences didnt involve any feelings just pure raw instinct.
  • Jen8781
    Jen8781 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sorry, just tried to 'quote', gone a bit wrong....put a smiley face after quite a tragic comment instead of the funny one about someone's FWB actually being their wife, trying to delete it and getting in a right old mess so had to write something in its place...think I'm gonna quit this forum business!
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    It's fun...'till it's not.
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    No, my body isn't a theme park that everyone gets a ride on lol. But seriously, I can only imagine someone getting hurt in the end and losing a good friend and it's really not worth it to me. I'd rather save that for someone that I'm seriously involved with. I apploud everyone else that can make it work :flowerforyou:
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options

You do have feelings for the FWB, that's why its 'friends', but its being free, so you have sex with someone you like and discover about over time. But still no strings or hassles...

One of my ex-FWB used to see a few men, and she told me what days she was free... Worked very well for me.

no I don't. If I had feelings for them they would be GF
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    Some work, some don't. My experience is that feelings always get involved at some point, and unless they develop mutually, someone gets hurt.
  • CubanSammich
    Options
    Hasnt happened. not sure if women genuinely like to be my friend or are like stfu and f me.
  • dark_angel1554
    dark_angel1554 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Currently have a FWB situation going on. It's great because I have a busy schedule, and am quite focused on my career and health at the moment....it's hard to make time for a partner. Nor am I sure I have the emotional energy to deal with it.
    It can be difficult/awkward at times for sure though. But it works for us, at this time.
  • beckster1001
    beckster1001 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I think it can work to some Extent but as most people have already mentioned its not good if feelings are involved on one side only, I also think people need to be 100% honest in a FWB relationship so then each person knows where they stand and don't give any false indications to the other party.
    I'm all for FWB providing the above mentioned is completely adhered too.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    I was watching The Big Bang TV comedy and Friends with Benefits got mentioned. So I wondered if others had experienced that type of relationship and how it went. Plus any other thoughts.

A few years ago, I had 3 Friends With Benefits, one after another, each FWB lasted around 6 months to 1 year each time. As far as I am concerned and the ladies it worked very well. We enjoyed days and nights out and had some great 'encounters'. But weren't hassle to each other, no jealously, none of the hassles and control that happen in 'partner' relationships. When we had, had enough we just said, shall we call it a day and moved on...
    I wonder how it affected the people surrounding you.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Experience: Bloody good!

It was made clear by both of us early on that neither was in the headspace for a relationship so we had loads of fun. :happy:

But both people have to be clear about not getting emotionally involved. And have to be honest to themselves about that too. If either person thinks that it 'could' lead to a relationship someone will get hurt.
  • emmawoolf84
    emmawoolf84 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I think its RARELY successful. If/when it is though, amazing!
This discussion has been closed.