Dissatisfied with body after weight loss

I’ve lost 15 lbs in the last 7 weeks. Any problem area was my stomach, I was pretty much fine with the other parts. I do see a difference in my stomach but, the biggest difference I see is in my behind. Its getting really flat. It’s so frustrating since I have about 20lbs to go. I’m sure I’ll have a pancake butt by the end :( Can anyone relate?

Replies

• deezhd67
    deezhd67 Posts: 19 Member
    Yes! I totally understand. Not to mention I lose in the bust area which is frustrating too. Unfortunately we can't just spot lose so have to take the good with the bad :)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    ^^This! Strength training makes a world of difference. I also suggest that you slow down your weight loss to .5 to 1 lb per week. This will help you retain muscle which is what you need for shape and tone. The only people who should target 2 lb per week are those with 100+ lbs to lose.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Start lifting weights to help mitigate muscle loss. The glutes are the biggest muscles in the human body.
  • TheAssyrian
    TheAssyrian Posts: 26 Member
    I’ve lost 15 lbs in the last 7 weeks. Any problem area was my stomach, I was pretty much fine with the other parts. I do see a difference in my stomach but, the biggest difference I see is in my behind. Its getting really flat. It’s so frustrating since I have about 20lbs to go. I’m sure I’ll have a pancake butt by the end :( Can anyone relate?

Sounds like it's time for some heavy barbell squats and glute Bridges!
  • Chic_geek31
    Chic_geek31 Posts: 34 Member
    Would home workouts work? I’m unable to go to the gym at the moment
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    Start lifting weights to help mitigate muscle loss. The glutes are the biggest muscles in the human body.

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Would home workouts work? I’m unable to go to the gym at the moment
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

There are some body weight programs on this list, and if you get the Strong Curves book I believe there is a bodyweight and a dumbbells version included that could both be done at home.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,970 Member
    I'll add to the chorus of adding in weight/strength training. There's plenty you can do at home to help out.

I got lazy/had a million excuses for backing off on my ST the past 6 months or so, and I used to love my tush, not so much right now (working to course correct again now).
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Squats!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,257 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    ^^This! Strength training makes a world of difference. I also suggest that you slow down your weight loss to .5 to 1 lb per week. This will help you retain muscle which is what you need for shape and tone. The only people who should target 2 lb per week are those with 100+ lbs to lose.

This for sure. I dropped 22 pounds and felt great, but the pancake butt is real. After gaining 10 pounds back over 4 years, I added lifting to my workouts. My butt is back! And my 23 year old is jealous of my abs. Best part though is how strong I am now!