I wonder.. maybe 10,000 calories in one day isn't as unreachable?

Options
2»

Replies

• kevkus1
    kevkus1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    why?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    I've hit approximately 5-6,000 a few times while tracking, not explicitly trying to hit a max level, just going off-leash (and I'm not even a very large person, 5'5", mid-130s pounds). I'm pretty sure I could get to 10,000 without being sick or super-miserable, if I started in the morning, went all day, and made food/drink choices that were very calorie-dense. I think it would be fairly easy.

Why? Well, I know why the 5-6,000: Yummy self-indulgence. I admit I don't see the point of eating 10,000 just to do it.
  • bigbandjohn
    bigbandjohn Posts: 769 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    Your obviously forgetting about the various cheesecakes/desserts at Cheesecake Factory. Some of those will get close to 2000 calories.

The slice size must have shrunk in the last 5-10 years. I am certain a slice of the cinnabon cheesecake was over 3000 calories. Now it's less than half that.

and a Monte Cristo is over 1800 calories. That and a slice is well over 3000 calories, huge for one meal, not counting fries - pushing that one meal to 4000.
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I could do it easily

Start the day with some cream crackers, around 4 or 5, absolutely slathered in peanut butter, add some jam to some of them too. The reason for crackers rather than bread is that the crackers wont fill you up as much as hunks of bread. Half a jar (lets be sensible here) is around 1300 cals, the crackers are about 170ish.

The drink of choice for the day is anything with cream and sugar in it or fizzy drinks (fully sugared up), say 800ish if you get through a litre in the day.

Mid morning snack is a cheese board, with some oils to dip some bread in. Lets say you manage 125ml of oil (flavoured, Im not an animal!) thats another thousand. Say 200g of bread (trying not to get too full up on it remember), another 500 and then around 1500 cals for the cheese in the cheese board, possibly propped up by some salami in there too.

Havent even reached lunch and we're nearly on 5k

Another snack, some fruit with clotted cream, a whole pot (easily eaten with a big glut of strawberries) around 1100cals.

Lunch time - prawns in garlic and chilli oil with some bread. Yummy. Get some raw prawns, chop up finely chilli and garlic, put the prawns in the oven in a pot of oil, lets say 125ml for instance with the chilli and garlic and then get it out when they're sizzling and cooked. Eat the yummy oil with another 2-300g of bread. So another 1500.

Time for a rest as this is hard work.

A bit of exercise takes you down the seafront and past the chip shop, so mid afternoon snack bag of chips with an ice cream with cream on it and a flake, a good thousand if the chips are done in the deep fat fryer.

Dinner - good old curry preferably a korma, something using lots of ghee, coconut cream and nuts. Meat for the extra calories. Fried rice. You could easily get 2k out of that.

Nearly about 10k if I have done the sums right.
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Challenge accepted.
  • New_Heavens_Earth
    New_Heavens_Earth Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    If I had 4 meals of 2 pints of Hagen Dazs and 2 Double Decker Little Debbie cakes I could do it. I'd be horribly sick if I did it now, but that pint and a cake used to be a snack for me.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I do not have that kind of appetite and would be stuffed full, and I absolutely hate that feeling.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    10,000 net calories? Not without feeling ill unless a fair amount of alcohol was involved as well as an especially calorie dense dessert. That said, I'm also not someone who typically likes or eats a lot of the "easier" calorie dense foods. Things like nut butters, cheese, pork belly in any of its preparations, etc.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I've hit approximately 5-6,000 a few times while tracking, not explicitly trying to hit a max level, just going off-leash (and I'm not even a very large person, 5'5", mid-130s pounds). I'm pretty sure I could get to 10,000 without being sick or super-miserable, if I started in the morning, went all day, and made food/drink choices that were very calorie-dense. I think it would be fairly easy.

Why? Well, I know why the 5-6,000: Yummy self-indulgence. I admit I don't see the point of eating 10,000 just to do it.

I don't see the point either outside of a speculation game like planning the perfect murder. I think it would be more interesting to try and plan a 20k day because I think that is where it would probably get tough. I wouldn't be surprised if most people with abundant food availability have hit in the ballpark of 10k at some point in their life.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    With the average reccommended daily calorie intake to be between 1000 to 3000 calories, depending on gender, age, activity level, it’s a lot of food for anyone. I very seldom drink any alcohol. To get to that many calories in one day, I would be physically ill, but at the very least, extremely uncomfortable. Not an enjoyable endeavor to me. Gluttony to see if you can consume 10000 calories in a day? No thanks.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    Imagine being Brian Shaw or one of his competitors ;)

https://www.menshealth.com/nutrition/a19516547/world-strongest-man-brian-shaw-diet/
    This Is How the World’s Strongest Man Eats 12,000 Calories in a Day

Brian Shaw explains how you can pack it all in

I would be in a wheelchair if I ate like that.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Sonic bacon double cheeseburger = 1030, large onion rings = 800, route 44 lemonade = 540, for dessert a large peanut butter and cookie dough master blast = 2120 for a total of 4490 for one meal, and that doesn’t even include the ketchup.
  • NovusDies
    Options
    Sonic bacon double cheeseburger = 1030, large onion rings = 800, route 44 lemonade = 540, for dessert a large peanut butter and cookie dough master blast = 2120 for a total of 4490 for one meal, and that doesn’t even include the ketchup.

That is good because I do not like ketchup on most things.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options

forget ketchup, go for the mayo ;)
  • NovusDies
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »

forget ketchup, go for the mayo ;)

No mayo for me either. I will bring it home use some guac.
  • Dreamwa1ker
    Dreamwa1ker Posts: 196 Member
    edited June 2019
    Options
    a_candler wrote: »
    Just what the heck is ON that salad? Wow that's a lot of calories. Sad thing is many would still think they are healthy because it is a salad! I may have pre weight loss.

Probably the one listed as #8 on here: https://www.eatthis.com/19-salads-worse-than-whopper/ "Cheesecake Factory Barbeque Ranch Chicken Salad" 2150 calories. Appears to have a stack of onion rings on it, and based on the name probably a sugary bbq sauce and fat-laden ranch which are both going to be calorie-dense. Also just a huge portion.

It sounds tasty but I'd rather have a nice burger and fries for those calories :-)