I wonder.. maybe 10,000 calories in one day isn't as unreachable?

perezlau
perezlau Posts: 35 Member
It's probably easier to do than it sounds. Haha maybe..

So cheesecake factory has a salad that has 2150 calories. Say I eat one for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. That's 6,450 calories in salad! Say I have a side of fries with my 'salad' which have 1,060 calories. That's another 3,180 calories. If I had a coke in those 24oz cups I'm assuming another (140 Cal x 3) 420 calories per meal brings me to 1,260 calories. That's 10,890 calories without even eating snacks or dessert.

Which makes me wonder. Someone on a diet ordering 2 of these salads a day, only drinking water, and not snacking on anything else can still be on a caloric surplus and gain weight. Seems cruel.

Replies

• lucadeangiles
    lucadeangiles Posts: 55 Member
    i’ve been wanting to try the famous 10k challenge just to see if i can do it. I feel like I could fairly easily but i don’t think trying it is worth the 8000 calorie surplus i’d have to work off to stay in maintenance 😅
  • meganpettigrew86
    meganpettigrew86 Posts: 349 Member
    I could eat that easy but could I burn it? I can burn max 700cal per hour 10k/700 = 14.3 hours... At a hard pace... So nope.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    edited June 2019
    I was looking at a few restaurant menu's with calorie postings and no I don't think it would be that hard. or at least to get close. add some alcohol and a calorie dense dessert (can be like 1000 cals right there). But I would imagine you'd be feeling pretty rough eventually.

There was one place where the Cesar dressing alone was 520 calories!
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I don't think I could do it. I could probably hit 6-7k but it would involve a lot of (if not mostly) alcohol. My typical bulk calories are about 1/3 of that and that is enough for me.
  • Panini911
    I've tried on Thanksgiving and the best I could do was ~7,000.

yeah i think 5000 or so range would be much easier. maybe worth really truly honestly tracking a day like thanksgiving at home point.

• Spencerport
    Spencerport Posts: 270 Member
    Your obviously forgetting about the various cheesecakes/desserts at Cheesecake Factory. Some of those will get close to 2000 calories.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    The "secret" of doing a high calorie intake day is to eat foods that are nutritionally dense and low in volume like peanut butter, olive oil, etc. You could eat a 40 ounce jar of peanut butter over 1 day and ingest more than 14000 calories.
  • Panini911
    Boba_14626 wrote: »
    The "secret" of doing a high calorie intake day is to eat foods that are nutritionally dense and low in volume like peanut butter, olive oil, etc. You could eat a 40 ounce jar of peanut butter over 1 day and ingest more than 14000 calories.

now that would be a very nice day ;)
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Panini911 wrote: »
    I've tried on Thanksgiving and the best I could do was ~7,000.

yeah i think 5000 or so range would be much easier. maybe worth really truly honestly tracking a day like thanksgiving at home point.

I could easily do 5000, but 10000? Not likely without feeling very ill.

I would NEVER order a salad with that many calories. For that many calories I’d get something truly extravagant.
  • a_candler
    a_candler Posts: 209 Member
    Just what the heck is ON that salad? Wow that's a lot of calories. Sad thing is many would still think they are healthy because it is a salad! I may have pre weight loss.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    I don't think it would be hard at all for me. Some desserts (may favorite meal :D ) have 1k per serving or more. Dinners at some steakhouses I've eaten at (not to mention the Cheesecake factory) hit ~2500...

I would have to set my mind to it, but it wouldn't be that difficult. I just don't see any reason to do it.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    I've certainly probably done it, especially back when I was a drinker, because you can ads at least a couple thousand calories from alcohol in a night there.

It's also quite possible I've done it more recently at all inclusive resorts and/or on a cruise. Give me three meal of buffets and it's not hard for me to get 3000+ calories a meal, plus a snack and a few drinks.
  • Phirrgus
    Phirrgus Posts: 1,894 Member
    a_candler wrote: »
    Just what the heck is ON that salad? Wow that's a lot of calories. Sad thing is many would still think they are healthy because it is a salad! I may have pre weight loss.
    I was told a while back it isn't the salad that gets you, it's the company they keep lol. True...
  • steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,215 Member
    Yeah, it sounds like a lot but I don't think it would be that hard. I hit 4270 last Thursday without really trying, I was that special combination of bored and tired at a work conference.
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    I could easily do it! No problems at all.
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    a couple five guys burgers, some fries, desserts, and copious amounts of alcohol. pretty easy if you ask me!
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    Panini911 wrote: »
    Boba_14626 wrote: »

now that would be a very nice day ;)

Amen sister!