Does diarrhea count as exercise???

Options
No, serious question, and not related to ED, as in I'm not talking about intentionally-induced diarrhea.

If you get diarrhea, how much do you subtract from your calorie count from it?

Replies

• Raina0512
    Raina0512 Posts: 216
    Options
    I'm interested to hear thoughts on this...
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    ha! just had this conversation about a week ago! I anxiously await thoughts.
  • ImMiranda
    ImMiranda Posts: 10
    Options
    hahaha.. C'mon people.. thoughts??
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Calories count the moment it hits your mouth.
  • BADGIRLstl
    BADGIRLstl Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I promise this is something i wanna know.
  • StarryEyedGirl
    Options
    I can't imagine why it would..........
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine why it would..........
    Me either. Do you take extra calories off when you take a dump? Why does it matter if it comes out regular or as diarrhea? lol
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    LOL, I guess it depends on how many trips to the toilet you make and how fast your running there and how far away the bathroom is from your couch, lmao!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    LOL, I guess it depends on how many trips to the toilet you make and how fast your running there and how far away the bathroom is from your couch, lmao!

This.. lol!
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    When my kids had really bad diarrhea last winter I was concerned that they were not getting enough nutrients and the doc told me that food nutrients are actually absorbed really quickly in the stomach, the waste is what processes slower so you don't really get rid of the nutrients or calories when you're hitting the bathroom, but the waste product that remains - Diarrhea just speeds up the waste process!! However your body doesn't have enough time to absorb water when you are constantly running to the bathroom so be sure to up the fluids.
  • tubbytabbytales
    tubbytabbytales Posts: 5,883
    Options
    This is the sexiest topic ever.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    OMG!!! SERIOUSLY!!!:noway: :laugh:

Diarrhea is lose of fluids...the large intestine is responsible for water absorption

Chronic constant diarrhea will result in loss of electrolytes (sodium and potassium)

I'll give you wishful thinking tho:flowerforyou:
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    I don't think diarrhea has anything to do with how much nutrients you absorb. If I remember correctly, most nutrients are absorbed in the stomach and small intestine. The large intestine is where the liquid is absorbed. Since liquid is the thing not being absorbed, you just need to make sure you're drinking a lot of fluid to make up for what your body is not absorbing.
  • kjksd
    kjksd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great question! I was wondering how many calories you "lose" if any when one has diarrhea. Funny, but good question!!
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    If your squits are so bad that you're even considering counting it as exercise, you should probably stop worrying about tracking your calories for the day.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Do you have a pedometer? Try counting your steps to and from.
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    did you weigh it yet? Do you have a food scale?
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    Unless you are poopin' out undigested food, count it.
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    um.
  • NocturnalGirl
    Options
    You dancing it out?