Snacking problem

Options
2»

Replies

• Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I can’t have some food in my house. For me it’s snack chips. I have no control, so I just don’t buy them and if they are anywhere else, at parties or work, I stay away. I needed to up my protein and vegetable intake too. When you eat more bulky, lower calorie foods, you tend to feel full and it’s easier to avoid the food you know you’ll over eat.
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I just watched a Ted Talk about motivation and how humans only keep things up through pure motivation for a short period of time. There are many other techniques we can use to help us reach our goals. I wish I could remember the name of the talk, but there are some good ones that talk about changing your environment to help you, which is why I don’t have “trigger” foods in my house for example.
  • smoofinator
    smoofinator Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    trbp72 wrote: »
    Well this light-hearted discussion went south very quickly! Lemme diffuse the situation...I'll get the chocolate fountain out...I'm sure I have plenty of home grown Radishes for everybody to dip into it and we'll all be satiated! ;) #ChocolateRadishParty

Great band name.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    trbp72 wrote: »
    Well this light-hearted discussion went south very quickly! Lemme diffuse the situation...I'll get the chocolate fountain out...I'm sure I have plenty of home grown Radishes for everybody to dip into it and we'll all be satiated! ;) #ChocolateRadishParty

I like you. :)
  • goodasgoldilox165
    goodasgoldilox165 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    A choc fountain+ radishes party sounds fun. I'm really warming to the idea. Could we add some chilli to the (very dark) chocolate? That should warm everyone else too :)