Those of us who workout at home!

Options

Replies

• AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to post pics on the forums. I have 3 pics of our workout area in the basement on my profile page. We have a treadmill, elliptical, stationary bike, water rower, smith machine with weights and a rack of dumbells and a tv for the dvd's. Plus various mats, yoga bricks, weighted hula hoop, ankle weights, exercise ball.
  • cyelz
    cyelz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I workout on my bedroom with a yoga mat, 1 pair of dumbbell, jump rope and gym ball. Not so big but comfortable enough :)
  • lastspen
    lastspen Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I was recently watching Extreme Makeover Weight Loss Edition and they made over someone's basement to a beach themed gym. It was really nice, with teal walls and murals. It is something that I definitely want to incorporate into my dream home. The woman's name is Meredith. You can look it up on YouTube to see the full episode.
  • sarantonio
    sarantonio Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I have a treadmill in the garage, nothing special

^^^ this. Plus my TV in the living room and some dumbbells. Someone just gave me a "I cant believe its not Bowflex" I dunno if I'll use it... but maybe!
  • tasha9320
    tasha9320 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i use my room :) pretty much my basement if you want to call it that, last floor of a 3 story house lol not alot of space but it does the job! lol think all of your spaces is alot bigger than mine but its cosy and no one comes down so i have some privacy working out,
  • SairahRose
    SairahRose Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I move the coffee table onto the sofa, or into the kitchen, then do my thing in the living room. I have a barbell and a couple of dumbbells, with weights stacked in the hallway behind the kid's bike. I use an old road mat of my son's as a floor cover and set the computer up if I need a DVD.

One day....
  • kaned_ferret
    kaned_ferret Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I just have it all in my lounge, elliptical, step bench, some dumbells, and the trust wii for zumba and my fitness coach sessions daily :)
  • Kittyvicious1
    Kittyvicious1 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I use my small patio. I have a weight system, bike, hand weights and a mat. When I am not using my patio I am running my neighborhood or at the park
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    My husband hated my workout equipment in the house. He built a room for me in his shop, it has heat and A/C. Big enough for a treadmill, exercise bike and weight set. Has a TV and DVD player and enough room to do exercise videos. We built it when our boys were still home and painted it their school colors (maroon and gray) with gray carpet. We also hung up all there sports pictures in it. Now I hang up my half marathon bibs and medals in there as well. It's a nice escape place for me. Now he's trying to move me into one of the boys rooms in the house and make it his mancave....I don't think so. :laugh:

We have a huge heated shop here on the farm, but unfortunately we should have built it bigger because it's always FULL of customers equipment. (my husband is a mechanic and employs 4 full time mechanics). I would have loved to have claimed a space for me above the offices for my workout space. Sadly, it's filled with STUFF. lol Maybe if we ever expand......
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I too use my basement. We live 27 miles from the closest gym so I have created my own workout area down there. I call it my "HELL HOLE" but it's not so bad. I have a treadmill, elliptical, recumbant bike, steps, a huge set of free weights/bars, benches due to my weight lifting son and I have quite a selection of fitness dvd's. It is clean with good lighting, carpet, mats, mirrors & fans! The basement is pretty well set for working out! I run/walk my country roads with my 3 furries when our Montana weather allows but in the winter time my gym gets used ALOT!
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    At the moment, my space is just a yoga mat and some hand weights in the lounge room. I walk or run around the neighbourhood and there is also an exercise park about 1km away where you can do some basic stuff outdoors.
    When a friend comes over to workout (DVD) or the kids want to have a go, we just move into the play room.

Although, am considering asking the husband if we could just add another carport to the side of the driveway for the cars and turn the garage into a gym area - there's only enough room in the garage for my little car anyway lol Not sure that will go down too well ;)
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    i have a 9 x 3m transportable cabin my partner purchased for me, no pic thou. ive only just got it so its a working progress, i do have a tv, lounge, treadmill, various weights, step up bench, mats im so happy lol
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I spent some time down in our basement last night visualizing my space! I am so excited to get started on it, I will be sure to post pics because I'm so very pumped!

thanks for all your input everyone!
  • Blitz_40
    Blitz_40 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have a contractor starting next week to turn my dungeon into an exercise room. I'm so excited!!! I have various pieces of equipment scattered all over the basement & some upstairs. My husband still seems to think he's getting a man-cave even though I've already moved the universal machine into the empty area so the can build around it. That machine is not going anywhere once the room is complete unless someone wants to take it apart piece by piece. I've got to decide on floor cover material. Does anyone use the racetrack type panels like in custom garages? Carpet? Or maybe just stain the concrete or epoxy it?
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    We use our bonus room. It's nothing special but it has plenty of room for everything we need, including an area to do DVD's. I will try to post a picture...not sure if I remember how though.

]workoutroom_zps3478eafd.jpg

this is nice!!!

Thanks!
  • christianteach
    christianteach Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    That is VERY nice!

Thank you! Enjoy your new space!!!
  • Gracy22
    Gracy22 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I go to my bedroom and get down on the floor and do my leg lifts, my kitten loves when I'm down there. Then I sit on my bed and ride a peddle while playing solitaire on my phone.... It's all I need to help make me complete.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    In my 400 square foot apartment I move my coffee table out of the way, hope my 50 lb dog doesn't decide I did so to make room for her to flop around, and barely have enough side-to-side room for the 1-2-3 Heismans in Insanity.

Just ordered resistance bands, there simply isn't any space for free weights.

Those of you with entire rooms just for use as a gym, I envy you!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    My equipment occupies a corner in the dinning room of my apartment.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    We use our bonus room. It's nothing special but it has plenty of room for everything we need, including an area to do DVD's. I will try to post a picture...not sure if I remember how though.

]workoutroom_zps3478eafd.jpg

Awesome!