1200 Calorie Friends

Options
Hello everyone, I am currently trying to find active friends with open diaries whl are also eating around 1200 calories a day, so that I might draw inspiration from the meals logged. Most of my friends on here eat 1500-1800 calories a day, and that just won't work for me to lose weight, so I'm hoping to find more people like me.

Info about me?
I'm 24 years old, 5'9
SW 174lbs
CW 160lbs
GW 130lbs

I'm also currently enrolled in a boot camp with a meal plan, so I'm currently working out with personal trainers 3-4 times a week, and have a stricter diet than usual, but once it ends in 4.5weeks I'll be going back to my personal dieting habits (which include a lot more fruits and veggies than now) but this means I will for sure be logging my meals wvery day until at LEAST August.
Feel free to send me a friend request right away if you'd like to! :)

Replies

• vmandere
    vmandere Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am also on a 1200 calories a day its tough but we can help each other out
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    OP, if you haven't seen these threads yet, check them out, they may help :smile:

I would never be able to eat that little, so I can't help you there.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634517/you-dont-use-a-food-scale/p1

Best of luck!
  • quolwy
    quolwy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    OP, if you haven't seen these threads yet, check them out, they may help :smile:

I would never be able to eat that little, so I can't help you there.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10634517/you-dont-use-a-food-scale/p1

Best of luck!

I wouldn't say I eat small amounts, I still eat 3 very filling meals a day, and a snack or two as well. It was just how I shifted my calories. No more drinking calories (a bad habit as I love creamy sugary cafe drinks), less heavy sauces on foods, and no more binge eating sweets or baked goods. All in all a small adjustment, and I still feel full throughout the day. :)
  • nwoutdoorgrl
    nwoutdoorgrl Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’0 & 1200 calories is my daily goal. Feel free to add me! I can’t add friends off the app for some reason.
  • alicemccullen
    alicemccullen Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Nasoya Basil Thai Dumplings. 5 dumplings = 150 calories. A yummy and filling snack!
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Hi there

My allowance is 1200 calories. Feel free to add me as I’m unable to add friends from the app for some reason.

My stats:

Female
    5”5
    1200 daily allowance
    SW: 184lbs
    CW: 144lbs
    GW: 138lbs
  • nooboots
    nooboots Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I am doing a little bit of an experiment at the moment and trying to carry on for the next 7 weeks.

I havent changed my numbers in the profile but am trying to come in at 1290 calories per day which should result in 2lbs loss per week. That sounds a lot but I am 262lbs at the moment (or 18st 10lbs as I prefer to say) and so I think I can carry that sort of loss at the moment. I am in my 10th week now and have lost 20lbs in that time although it wasnt at 2lbs a week as in the first two weeks I lost quite a lot. My profile is set offically to 1lb a week loss and should be around 1790 calories.

Im not going to be that strict about it, weekends I probably wont manage it as we like the odd takeaway.

My day is fairly boring, I tend to always have ryvita for breakfast with cottage cheese on top, or pate or houmous and try to stick to around 300-400 cals. I dont always have lunch as my work is very busy but then I will eat quite a big meal in the evening, usually burgers or chicken with salad or other veg. I have portions of home made tarka dahl in the freezer to use up which is only 192 cals per portion and very filling
  • quolwy
    Options
    Bump :)
  • megsssoxo
    megsssoxo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I’m 23 and on 1300 calories a day. Feel free to add me
  • jfdi6960
    jfdi6960 Posts: 76 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Hello m'dear. I am on 1250 at the moment I am 5'0 125lb am wayyyy too much body fat although I am not really heavy.
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Are you eating back your exercise calories in addition to your 1200? That's how MFP is supposed to work. 1200 is the minimum for women, PLUS extra calories from exercise.
    If so, my base is 1280, feel free to add me.
  • jacqmaloney5428
    jacqmaloney5428 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am eating 1200 calories per day. I started “Eat to Live” on July 1. It’s primarily fruit, veggie and legume based but allows lean meats if you like. I have managed to stay slightly under 1200 (counting credit for steps) without being TOO hungry. I have only just started back to exercise and also taking it slow to recondition. As of today, I’ve lost about 3 lbs. Probably water weight, but I’ll take it. I want to lose weight primarily to decrease blood pressure and combat post-menopausal weight gain. I’d be happy to swap recipes, updates and encouragement with you. Not sure what an open diary is or how to do
    that...I’ll send you a friend request.

Female
    53 yo
    5’7”
    SW 152.9
    CW 149.1
    GW 125
  • quolwy
    Options
    This disgussion is such a wild ride haha
    Still looking for more friends :) feel free to add me!
  • julesss4u
    julesss4u Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I can’t for some reason! I’ve been on it for 2 weeks now 😁
  • jacqmaloney5428
    jacqmaloney5428 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It’s back to work for me tomorrow after 10 days off. It’s been “easy” to start a 1200 calorie diet and cut back caffeine and cut out wine when I can sleep in and lounge by the pool...Y’all think of me this week-traveling, stressed, cranky from bad hotel pillows! Imma stay strong though!
  • quolwy
    Options
    It’s back to work for me tomorrow after 10 days off. It’s been “easy” to start a 1200 calorie diet and cut back caffeine and cut out wine when I can sleep in and lounge by the pool...Y’all think of me this week-traveling, stressed, cranky from bad hotel pillows! Imma stay strong though!

I get it! My work habit is to grab a 20oz vanilla latte on my way in to keep me alert and happy, but that's an unnecessary 300 calories I spend drinking, and dehydrating myself, instead of having water. And I still ate the same amount!

Now I don't let myself have a latte before work (the first week took some adjusting, sorry to my coworkers), if I REALLY need a pickmeup, I make a french press coffee at home and only add a tiny bit of coffee creamer to rid the bitterness. Closer to 75 calories, and I get the same awake effect.
  • katashalouise
    katashalouise Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too (I can’t add people, the button doesn’t work for some reason!)
    I’m 28 from UK, started (again) 2 weeks ago and feeling more positive this time around! 👍🏻