Day four

I have no choice but to be successful this time. Today is day four, every muscle hurts from Monday and Tuesday gym. So tired. Does this get easier?

Replies

• guil0095
    guil0095 Posts: 327 Member
    Yaaaay! Awesome. That is amazing. Yes, it does get easier! :D Good job killing it in the gym! <3
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    It gets loads easier. <3
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    It doesn't get easier, but you will start enjoying it more. The most important thing is to be consistent and don't be hard on yourself if you miss a day of training or have a bad food day.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 33,753 Member
    I have no choice but to be successful this time. Today is day four, every muscle hurts from Monday and Tuesday gym. So tired. Does this get easier?

When starting out, IMO it's a good plan to take a gradual on-ramp to changes, not dive into everything all at once. The "total dive in" method can be pretty daunting.

In particular, if you're doing the same activities at the gym each time, I'd strongly recommend starting with something like 3 days a week rather than daily, integrating that into your life, then considering increasing frequency, duration or intensity of the exercise gradually from there. Rest days are important for recovery, and recovery is important for fitness progress.

When I started getting active some years back, it was a gradual thing, and that helps it be more fun and less miserable. Sometimes people think exercise has to be intense and exhausting in order to have benefits, but that's not true. It should be fun, a little bit challenging, and ideally should energize you for the rest of your day (after maybe a brief "whew" period right after the workout), not be unpleasant and exhausting. There are likely to be some sore muscles when first starting a new activity, but it shouldn't be crippling, and a little mild movement on the rest day (casual walk, say, or some stretching/yoga) should help loosen things up.

I'd make the same argument about eating: Start with manageable changes, gradual remodel your eating.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

^^ That's what I did in 2015 to lose from obese to healthy weight, and maintain a healthy weight since, after literally decades of obesity.

To succeed this time, maybe try a different approach than the approach that didn't work out in the past? Weight loss and fitness are both long-term pursuits; sometimes a revolutionary approach is hard to sustain for the length of time that true and sustainable change will take.

Best wishes!
  • Thank you all for taking the time to reply and help. 100 pounds to loose. Tomorrow is the gym again. I can’t wait for an improved healthy active sexy me
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

When starting out, IMO it's a good plan to take a gradual on-ramp to changes, not dive into everything all at once. The "total dive in" method can be pretty daunting.

In particular, if you're doing the same activities at the gym each time, I'd strongly recommend starting with something like 3 days a week rather than daily, integrating that into your life, then considering increasing frequency, duration or intensity of the exercise gradually from there. Rest days are important for recovery, and recovery is important for fitness progress.

When I started getting active some years back, it was a gradual thing, and that helps it be more fun and less miserable. Sometimes people think exercise has to be intense and exhausting in order to have benefits, but that's not true. It should be fun, a little bit challenging, and ideally should energize you for the rest of your day (after maybe a brief "whew" period right after the workout), not be unpleasant and exhausting. There are likely to be some sore muscles when first starting a new activity, but it shouldn't be crippling, and a little mild movement on the rest day (casual walk, say, or some stretching/yoga) should help loosen things up.

I'd make the same argument about eating: Start with manageable changes, gradual remodel your eating.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

^^ That's what I did in 2015 to lose from obese to healthy weight, and maintain a healthy weight since, after literally decades of obesity.

To succeed this time, maybe try a different approach than the approach that didn't work out in the past? Weight loss and fitness are both long-term pursuits; sometimes a revolutionary approach is hard to sustain for the length of time that true and sustainable change will take.

Best wishes!

100% agree with this. Diving headfirst at 100mph can be intimidating and make things very difficult and the 'ramp up' approach can be more effective.

If however you're the type that likes to 'start off with a bang' then by all means get into it BUT give yourself permission to scale back if need be. If things get difficult you're much better taking your foot off the pedal a bit and keep moving forward than decide that keeping up an impossible schedule/effort is too hard and quitting all together.

Remember, as long as you're remaining in a calorie deficit that's all you need to lose weight.