Anyone ever told you something straight out?

Replies

• mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member
    I always apreciate brutal honesty, even if its something I don't want to hear. Its so rare nowadays, that I can't not like hearing it.
  • phred_52
    phred_52 Posts: 189 Member
    I was told by a woman that I was a "selfish b*st*rd". I kindly said thank you for the compliment. Life is too short to worry about such trivia, well for me anyway.

A standard reply from me is "I accept all compliments, good, bad, or otherwise." Just how I was raised.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    ^^ now that's a great attitude !
  • Tigg_er
    A woman I used to work with told me and another coworker that she would rather sit by a murderer than either of us because at least the murderer could be a Christian.

It was so weird. We never even discussed religion with her but she knew we weren't churchgoers. Also, this was in a social service agency with tons of diversity (including religion) among the staff. Wild.

Now how in the hell would she know the murder was a Christian? Crazy people
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    I had a lady tell me I was a b*** at work!
    I was so happy.... it was the first time someone called me that to my face. 😁😁

Did you misspell it?
  • PAFC84
    PAFC84 Posts: 1,871 Member
    edited July 2019
    @MIltonBradley1 lol! Unfortunately I can't come through for him. I could only get him with a gorgeous blonde who's pregnant at the moment. That kind of works?

Pregnancy makes boobs bigger. Although it is a reminder that someone beat you to it.....
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    My kids, all the time! My seven year old told me this morning I am so fat I am going to have another baby tomorrow (I am not pregnant and there is no way I would get pregnant)
  • KimberlinaB
    KimberlinaB Posts: 4,016 Member
    After my first son was born, I had a lady ask me When I was due... I politely informed her 3 weeks ago, when he was born.

Luckily, I knew she was one of those no filter types and it wasn’t coming from a malicious place, but when you’re all hormonal it’s not nice to hear all the same. 😩
    (As a bonus, I think she felt bad, because I got a sweet quilt from her as a baby gift haha)
  • lessdefined82
    lessdefined82 Posts: 70 Member
    I have learned early in my life, no matter how pregnant a woman looks, do not comment on it! That 0.1% time that you're wrong will be bad!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    I always apreciate brutal honesty, even if its something I don't want to hear. Its so rare nowadays, that I can't not like hearing it.

You have booger in your nose.

I tell people that all the time.

Even when they don't....

" No... other side, close, I think you got it..... nope, still there. Do you need a tissue ? "
  • your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited July 2019
    I can find some honest people and I know a lot of people who are mean under the guise of honesty, but I’ve encountered very few who will be both direct and kind.
  • mattig89ch
    mattig89ch Posts: 2,648 Member

You have booger in your nose.

Nope, picked clean. :p
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    At a friend's new house standing on the covered porch where some birds had built a nest in the corner before they got moved in and a man I did not know looked at me and said, "You should be careful, those birds might mistake your hair for their nest."
    I know my hair can be a wild mess, I didn't really appreciate him pointing that out.
  • Tigg_er
    Yep , he told me straight out, Hands over your head and don't move , plus some other explicit things !
  • ready2lose2101
    ready2lose2101 Posts: 47 Member
    My aunt once told me I was fat and wouldn't ever find a husband. WRONG!!!!! Hahahahaha
    Guess I should have told her she needed to trim her mustache.
  • cayenne_007
    cayenne_007 Posts: 668 Member
    I can find some honest people and I know a lot of people who are mean under the guise of honesty, but I’ve encountered very few who will be both direct and kind.

^ This...I always run from people that make it a point to say 'I'm just brutally honest' because 98% of them are simply mean and it gives them an excuse to bully the rest of the world.