Passed out at gym today

Options
124»

Replies

• cyndilie
    cyndilie Posts: 52
    Options
    I checked out this forum again today and I hope you take everyone's advice seriously. If you have any questions what so ever, inbox me or add me as a friend. If not, just heed everyone else's warning! Your health depends on making a change asap. Take care man:)

That was a very kind and considerate response to someone's request for help and advice. You obviously care about the other MFP members. I wish all posters on MFP were the same. The rudeness of some MFP posters "astounds" me. :smile:
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Please be honest with yourself and if you choose to share on the forum with us. You are suffering from an eating disorder. From looking at your open diary you are eating less then 700 calories GROSS and burning about 600-1000 calories. I am not sure what made you think that was smart, to eat that low of calories at all regardless of the exercise. Did you have weight loss surgery? are you on a doctor supervised plan? if none of those go seek help.

Sorry for the rough advice, but your only hurting yourself.
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Since you are so close to your goal, at that kind of calorie deficit, you are more than likely losing a muscle to fat ratio of 80/20. That means for every pound you lose, 80% of it is muscle mass/bone density, and 20% of it is fat.

You'll get there eventually, but you risk all kinds of problems (even death), especially if you're trying to maintain that muscle by exercising harder. A starving body is desperate for nourishment and will consumer lean tissue first. It will also consume brain cells and body organs if this goes on long enough.

How do you plan to maintain your goal weight once you reach it? You've essentially put your body into famine mode, so that's going to be tricky. You may find even eating 1000 a day will cause you to gain weight.
  • BrentJulius
    BrentJulius Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    If you're either of those people in your picture I highly doubt your BMR with activity factored in is 1500 calories and never go below 1200, especially if you're squatting and swimming 90 minutes a day. That is way too severe of a calorie deficit and will just leave you with a very low metabolism and feeling awful.

Although the reason you probably passed out is from doing squats and not breathing correctly. Squats incorporate the largest muscles in your body and large amounts of blood rushes to aid the hamstrings, glutes and quads and in addition to this there is a large spike in blood pressure during the movement, especially if you aren’t remembering to breathe. Getting dizzy and even fainting after a set of squats is not that uncommon. I was doing dead lifts this morning and had to sit down afterward lol..
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Yikes! Start by doubling your calories. At the very least. Goodness. Hope the paramedics checked you out.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    when u eat how you are supposed to a loss happens.... Are u even losing eating so little?
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    I agree with you and think you need to eat more. But having said that, I also would like to encourage you to see a doctor and not rely on the" MFP Health Clinic ", because after all this also could be caused by something other than low calorie intake, which might have lead to an hypoglycemic episode. Passing out is really not something to take lightly.
    I fainted once ( just once and it was not a complete loss of consciousness ) and it was discovered that I had arrythmia. I took medicine for the irregular heartbeat for a while and now am fine. So, please, don't just assume it's the lack of food.....make sure you are otherwise fine also.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    with calorie deficits... bigger is definitely NOT always better!
  • DragonSquatter
    DragonSquatter Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I agree with you and think you need to eat more. But having said that, I also would like to encourage you to see a doctor and not rely on the" MFP Health Clinic ", because after all this also could be caused by something other than low calorie intake, which might have lead to an hypoglycemic episode. Passing out is really not something to take lightly.
    I fainted once ( just once and it was not a complete loss of consciousness ) and it was discovered that I had arrythmia. I took medicine for the irregular heartbeat for a while and now am fine. So, please, don't just assume it's the lack of food.....make sure you are otherwise fine also.

This too, but PLEASE stop eating so little. You should not be aiming to lost 2 lbs per week with only 10 lbs to your goal weight. You should slow down and try to focus on getting good nutrition.
  • WhoHa42
    WhoHa42 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    You should be focused on getting healthier, not on getting to a certain weight.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    You should be focused on getting healthier, not on getting to a certain weight.

^Agreed.

Even IF you get to your goal weight by this method, you are NOT going to be healthy. The damage you will have done to yourself physically and mentally will end up costing you in so many ways and taking a long time to recover from if recover at all.
  • cyndilie
    cyndilie Posts: 52
    Options

This, by all means!!