Eating back calories?

Options
13»

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    beulah81 wrote: »
    I am sorry, I didn't mean to take over the thread. I promise this is my last post in it. So I checked the adjustments from yesterday. The difference between the two apps was only 13 calories. Close enough! I'll stick with MFP adjustments and reassess in couple of months.

Yeah this is pretty typical. The two are never going to match exactly as they work off different algorithms and the adjustments are an estimate. Periodically MFP and FitBit stop playing nice together and the adjustments won’t come through at all and then suddenly you’ll be wishing for those “close enough” data points!

For me, having an idea of how many cals I burn on a day to day basis is one of the biggest advantages to the FitBit in maintenance. I love knowing a rough idea of how many calories i need to stay around in order to maintain my weight, since that number really can vary from day to day.

If maintenance is new to you read some of the threads in the Maintenance Subforum as there are lots of tips and tricks in there. Good luck!
  • beulah81
    beulah81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    beulah81 wrote: »
    I am sorry, I didn't mean to take over the thread. I promise this is my last post in it. So I checked the adjustments from yesterday. The difference between the two apps was only 13 calories. Close enough! I'll stick with MFP adjustments and reassess in couple of months.

Yeah this is pretty typical. The two are never going to match exactly as they work off different algorithms and the adjustments are an estimate. Periodically MFP and FitBit stop playing nice together and the adjustments won’t come through at all and then suddenly you’ll be wishing for those “close enough” data points!

For me, having an idea of how many cals I burn on a day to day basis is one of the biggest advantages to the FitBit in maintenance. I love knowing a rough idea of how many calories i need to stay around in order to maintain my weight, since that number really can vary from day to day.

If maintenance is new to you read some of the threads in the Maintenance Subforum as there are lots of tips and tricks in there. Good luck!

Thank you so much for your input! I've read many of your posts and they have been very helpful to me.
  • Nottaway1
    Nottaway1 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    No......