What is your current go-to meal that's quick, delicious, and helps you stay on track?

Options

Replies

• pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Roza42 wrote: »
    peanut butter and banana on raisin Ezekiel toast

second this! With some deli turkey breast (or bacon lol)
  • Emmapatterson1729
    Emmapatterson1729 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    Omelets: olive oil or butter in small skillet, any veggies or herbs: broccoli, onions, spinach, cilantro, basil, heirloom tomatoes, bell peppers, etc. cooked until tenderness of liking, throw in one lightly beaten egg, maybe sprinkle a little cheese, can add meat, season to liking, heat over medium low. Quick, easy, as nutritious as I want to make them, and very satisfying.
  • Ktmom19
    Ktmom19 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the ideas!
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Variations on crack slaw. That is, ground meat, onion, chopped cabbage, flavor to match the cuisine of your choice. Tonight's was taco flavored, but I have been doing quite a bit of curried lately, as well. I also do a New Orleans mix, something like dirty rice, but with cabbage.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Tacos. Quick, easy, filling. And easily fits into my goals for the day. If I can't afford the taco shells then taco salad is a great alternative. Also I keep chicken patties on hand. I'll bake em up, and then dice them over salad fixing. Super fast and easy.
  • Roza42
    Roza42 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Roza42 wrote: »
    peanut butter and banana on raisin Ezekiel toast

second this! With some deli turkey breast (or bacon lol)

Ewwww turkey breast no way, but I second the bacon. I've had it that way.
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    busyPK wrote: »
    Ktmom19 wrote: »
    I wish I liked cottage cheese! I cannot get past the texture. I'm currently obsessed with egg bites from Starbucks made with egg whites and roasted red peppers. I also like to get the steamable frozen zoodles (zucchini noodles), add tomato sauce and Turkey meatballs.

Speaking of egg bites - I made my own egg muffins at home. You can make them how you prefer, but usually I use eggs, 1 frozen tater tot in each muffin, cheese, cooked sausage, spinach and some red and/or green peppers. I eat it with some hot sauce or salsa and yummy! Can keep in fridge for days and eat on during the week.

My stay on track, pretty easy meal is tacos. You can brown taco meat quickly and make it fit your calorie goal with the shell/lack thereof and toppings you choose...plus my kids love them.

I make egg muffins on weekends too! I like it vegetarian but my kids like it when I put mini sausages.
    I usually add Spinach, Green onions, Cheese and one other veggies like red peppers, cooked corn or half of mini tomatoes. I eat it as a snack almost everyday! Kids like em too ;)
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,995 Member
    Options
    almonds, apples, avocados ...in no particular order...also boiled eggs
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Progresso low sodium chicken noodle soup. 2 servings 180 calories together, usually with a couple of ounces of rotisserie chicken meat (60 calories) added. 240 calories total.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I usually do the whole box of green garden frozen veggie steamers with protein of choice- maybe air fryed chicken breast or chicken sausage, ground meat etc- then spices and 1 small serving of fried onions on top for the crunch- most days less than 200 and somedays around 250 based on protein choice- quick easy yummy!!!

Eat out- usually Wendy small chili- or bacon jr- half bun with extra vegetables-
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,625 Member
    Options
    Some chopped up leftover chicken, a chopped avocado, a jar of commercial salsa, some chopped coriander. World's easiest chicken salad.
  • vaman
    vaman Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs......always keep some in the fridge, A couple with a little salt has stopped me from snacking on bad stuff many, many times.
  • lyssalosesit
    lyssalosesit Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    More snacky than meal, but

Making my own cheese stick and prosciutto wraps, canned chicken w/ mayo/Dijon on Wheat Thins.
  • Luke_rabbit
    Luke_rabbit Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    For a quick breakfast or lunch, I eat an apple with nut or seed butter.

One of my favorite quick dinners is "eggroll in a bowl". Saute a bag of coleslaw mix. Add a little soy sauce and sesame oil. Heat some breakfast sausages in the microwave (we use vegetarian), chop and mix in. You can also add some scrambled eggs that are broken into chunks for extra protein. We usually make the day after fish tacos with the almost full bag of leftover coleslaw mix.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I've really been loving my eggs in the morning lately. I'll do them over easy with some green onions, salt, pepper, and just today I did sriracha. It was amazing with that! Pair it with two slices of turkey bacon and toast topped with hummus and cherry tomatoes. I can't wait to have it every morning with my coffee.
  • voncovenhoven
    voncovenhoven Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My go to snack is nuts, salt and pepper pistachios are my current favorite, in shells. I count out 25 and the shells pace me. If I’m really hungry, tummy growling, I have 1 cup of 5% (whole milk) Fage yogurt with a teaspoon of organic low sugar blueberry jam. (5g carb). This yogurt is THICK, very filling
  • WSwalknLAC9000
    WSwalknLAC9000 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    1/2 been & cheese burrito with green chili, from del taco...only $1.19 with taxes. Helped me drop over 40lbs.