What is your current go-to meal that's quick, delicious, and helps you stay on track?

Options

Replies

• tk2222
    tk2222 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Snow peas...I dunno how I never discovered these before. The grocery next to my place here has them really cheap. I just buy like a pound on my way home if I'm near end of my calories and snack on it all evening. Less than 200 cals usually, I love them and they're surprisingly good on the macro and nutrient front.
  • Ktmom19
    Ktmom19 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    gi2jh6l6njs0.jpg

The picture doesn't do these, but I made these egg bites and consistency is very similar to Starbucks. They have nonfat plain Greek yogurt and cottage cheese in them. I loaded them up with veggies (peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, spinach) and Turkey sausage.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Ktmom19 wrote: »
    gi2jh6l6njs0.jpg

The picture doesn't do these, but I made these egg bites and consistency is very similar to Starbucks. They have nonfat plain Greek yogurt and cottage cheese in them. I loaded them up with veggies (peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, spinach) and Turkey sausage.

Do you mind sharing the recipe?
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Please share the macros for the egg bits too- if you know them- thanks
  • Natalorian
    Natalorian Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I recently made these tiny chicken patties with chicken mince, bread, onion, garlic and a bit of flour. They come in at around 50 calories per patty. I have one or two of those in a sandwich with two slices of whole wheat toast, onion, tomato, cilantro, sriracha, and as much cheese as I can fit into my calorie limit for the day. It's about 280 calories (not counting any cheese). It makes a great small meal. Depending on how hungry I am, I may add an egg as well.
  • TheNeverPlayedSymphonies
    TheNeverPlayedSymphonies Posts: 108 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Tuna Salad
    Mix
    2 cans of tuna
    1 can of sardines
    1 avocado
    Chopped celery
    Chopped onions
    I Tbsp of Mayo
    2 Tbsp of Mustard
    Served over Fresh Spinach Leaves
    71 protein
    35 fat
    12 carbs
    650 cal
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
  • noel2fit
    noel2fit Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    CROCK POT!!!

Dump in crockpot, come home 8 hours later to hot dinner!

Whole30 Chili- 1.5lbs ground beef, 1 large sweet potato, 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 large chopped onion, 2 cloves garlic, any random carrots or mushrooms I have lying around, 3tbsp chili powder, a pinch of salt, plenty ground pepper, a pinch of cumin, a pinch of oregano.

Whole30 Chicken Curry- 3 chicken breasts chopped, 1 small butternut squash chopped, 1 can coconut milk, 1 large onion chopped, 1 large tomato chopped, 2 cloves garlic, any random peas, carrots, or mushrooms I have lying around, 3 tbsp curry powder, a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper.
  • itsme4444
    itsme4444 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower rice fried with salsa verde
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    edited August 2019
    Options
    Overnight oats.

1 cup oats.
    1/2 cup grape nut cereal.
    1 tbsp cinnamon.
    1 cup 2% milk.
    1 cup almond milk.
    1 cup blueberries.

All ingredients (dry first) except blueberries go into a tupper. Shake it up and store in the fridge overnight, ready to eat the following morning...
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    at home:

quick and satisfying (for me) =

2 eggs (whatever way I feel like at the time, poached, scrambled, fried) + 1 WHOLE (but cute, small) avocado, sliced, on top of eggs + 1/4 c. salsa. on top of that.

If I am REALLY hungry (and craving carbs), I will add a 'slice' of pre-cooked polenta, warmed up in the pan while the eggs are cooking, and have that as a 'base' under the eggs

Never fails me

at a restaurant?

Red Lobster Grilled shrimp tacos.. 420 cal and SO delicious

Denny's slow-cooked pot roast - so good - (400 cal) + steamed broccoli (35 cal) + (if I am really hungry) red skinned mashed potatoes 120 cal = 555 cal total
  • apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    egg omelet with garlic and 2 tbls of tahini, spread with Cured pork fat. I always eat this kind of omelet or a variation of. Shredded rotisserie chicken with sugar free G Huges BBQ sauce . Takes less than a few min to prepare.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Home made creamy mushroom soup - it's winter here and it is freezing!
  • MamboRumba
    MamboRumba Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Do you eat edamame in restaurants?

You can eat home and it sells for like 2.50. Buy frozen organic edamame in the shell. You can steam in the bag using microwave.

Eat!

• forknitsandgiggles91
    Options
    The instant pot has been my best friend- put in frozen chicken breast (or any meat really) with 1 cup of water and spices and cook for 15 minutes. The chicken comes out super tender. I shred it or slice it and mix it with bbq sauce, salsa etc. Last night I mixed it with marinara sauce and sprinkled a little parm on top for a healthy version of chicken parm and served it with roast veggies. Tasted just as good as the breaded, deep fried version.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Black bean soup with chicken - low fat, low carb, high protein
    83soxuz7ay9g.jpg
  • TeamNemesisSteve
    TeamNemesisSteve Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Low carbohydrate burritos. I use a low carb tortilla that is also low calorie and low sodium. I’ll eat around 1-pound of super lean ground hamburger, turkey or chicken in them. Usually some shredded queso or mild cheddar cheese too. In the winter time I will add no-salt black beans, brown rice and a little hot sauce. I’m sure they weigh about 3-4 pounds when they are complete 😂🤣
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    When I started this journey I had frozen salmon and edamame every single night for about a year. I loved it and it never got old with different seasonings. Now that I'm not losing as much I make lots of soups and those go a long way to keeping me satisfied without SO much calories.
  • 7elizamae
    7elizamae Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Super fast and filling -- half an avocado on toast. Add sliced tomatoes and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Yummy and keeps me satisfied until lunch time.