Carb cleanse. One month

I try to eat a plant based diet but sometimes do vegetarian if out for dinner.
I have started a one month cleanse cutting out bread, pasta and rice.
I am 5 days in and feel more alert and have lost 4 lbs.
Anyone else doing this?
🤣

Replies

• annie5904
    annie5904 Posts: 84 Member
    I have to add i am not eating as much. I seem to be full for longer
  • Harebelle
    Harebelle Posts: 41 Member
    Bread, pasta, and rice aren't contaminants therefore you don't need to be cleansed from them.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    I eat bread and pasta, and everything else I like (don’t like rice). Lost over half of my body weight without any “cleanses”. My liver and kidneys takes care of that. Super efficient!
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    annie5904 wrote: »
    I try to eat a plant based diet but sometimes do vegetarian if out for dinner.
    I have started a one month cleanse cutting out bread, pasta and rice.
    I am 5 days in and feel more alert and have lost 4 lbs.
    Anyone else doing this?
    🤣

Cleanses are not necessary. 😑
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    What are your specific goals, and challenges, and why do you think this approach will be beneficial for you?
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Maybe OP got carb cleanse from the Atkins website?

4a38vq59em26.png
  • thanos5
    thanos5 Posts: 513 Member
    if that's your woe, more power too ya. good luck!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    How would a vegetarian do a carb cleanse? Plant foods ARE carbs.

I'm a mostly-vegetarian (previously full vegetarian for the past few year) and my fiancé is vegetarian, and we do keto. I thought it would be really hard at first too, but it's actually very easy once you adjust to it. Plenty of vegetarian foods are low carb, like cheese, eggs, tofu, and green vegetables. There are a lot of great recipes out there. For example, tonight for dinner I made saag paneer served over cauliflower rice.

It's definitely not necessary for weight loss - no special diet or cleanse is! - but after years of tracking calories and feeling hungry all the time I finally found that low carb allows me to feel much more satisfied on fewer calories. It works for me even as a vegetarian.
  • annie5904
    annie5904 Posts: 84 Member
    For those who replied in a constructive way i am having cauliflower rice and courgetti. It is certainly having the desired effect
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Momjogger wrote: »
    What are you eating instead? I’m trying to incorporate more legumes in my diet and potatoes. I used chick pea pasta tonight in my sauce. Hopefully it’s good! There’s nothing wrong with trying to eat more whole carbs and less processed carbs. Good luck!

How is chickpea pasta not a processed carb?
  • TrishSeren
    TrishSeren Posts: 587 Member
    For those who replied in a constructive way i am having cauliflower rice and courgetti. It is certainly having the desired effect

Everyone replied in a constructive way, it's just that you only see the people who responded to supporting you as being constructive.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,818 Member

Which is what?
  • Five0Six
    Five0Six Posts: 112 Member
    edited July 2019
    Machka9 wrote: »

Which is what?

Only thing I can think of is -

tenor.gif
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    LaurenAOK wrote: »
    How would a vegetarian do a carb cleanse? Plant foods ARE carbs.

I'm a mostly-vegetarian (previously full vegetarian for the past few year) and my fiancé is vegetarian, and we do keto. I thought it would be really hard at first too, but it's actually very easy once you adjust to it. Plenty of vegetarian foods are low carb, like cheese, eggs, tofu, and green vegetables. There are a lot of great recipes out there. For example, tonight for dinner I made saag paneer served over cauliflower rice.

It's definitely not necessary for weight loss - no special diet or cleanse is! - but after years of tracking calories and feeling hungry all the time I finally found that low carb allows me to feel much more satisfied on fewer calories. It works for me even as a vegetarian.

I have no issue at all with folks choosing a low carb approach to weight loss. I also have no issue with vegetarians.