Dumb and funny flirting failures

Options
1sphere
1sphere Posts: 4,112 Member
You know you messed up. Write about it.

I saw this girl with a Hispanic complexion.
I asked “Are you from here?”
-no sorry
Spain?
-no sorry
Portugal?
-no sorry
Brazil?
-no sorry
-I am from Albania
That’s cool.
*girl starts quickly walking away from me*

Replies

• your_future_ex_wife
    your_future_ex_wife Posts: 4,278 Member
    Options
    All of my flirting failures are painful and sad and I’ve managed to shove most of them into the deep dark recesses of forgetfulness. The next time one of them bobs to the surface I’ll try to turn it into a story for you. 🙂
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    Anytime I want to flirt I just yell “hey, look at these tiny boulders!!!!” As I pull up my shirt and shimmy my shoulders. It hasn’t worked yet.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options
    I don't have any spectacular failures. I just fail to flirt. Although that may change if I inadvertently set the subject of my attempts at flirting up with someone else
  • pizzamyheart
    pizzamyheart Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    Anytime I want to flirt I just yell “hey, look at these tiny boulders!!!!” As I pull up my shirt and shimmy my shoulders. It hasn’t worked yet.
    Just like...introduce yourself...lol

That’s so cliche though.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    Not flirting, but an attempt at a compliment? from a client to me

"You look beautiful today...no, wait, I, I mean everyday...you do look kinda tired tho...I think of you every day, when I wake up"

And that got awkward quick
  • larali2
    larali2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I was sitting in the car at the convenience store when my husband walked in to get us drinks. Out walks a hawt guy. I couldn't help but notice that he was hawt so our eyes kind of met. Then his little girl walked out behind him. IT WAS MY DAUGHTER'S BEST FRIEND. Who lives in our neighborhood. The kid practically lives at my house. Awkwardness ensues. Luckily they just moved.
  • FriendlyNeighborhoodEngineer
    Options
    I once ended a date by kissing the girl on the cheek and saying just throwing that out there, and I got out of her car... We didn't talk for several years after that
    Options
    I once took a woman to see a horror movie, assuming that she would be scared and grabbing onto me the whole time... Not only was it incorrectly judged, immature, I was also 19
    FriendlyNeighborhoodEngineer Posts: 940 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I once made an attempt at a... Technique we'll call it... With my ex, and she essentially told me that she was better off on her own. That relationship did not last much longer than that moment
    FriendlyNeighborhoodEngineer Posts: 940 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    I once try to ask a girl out, while she was working at the bank I was trying to drop money off at for my boss... Not only did she say no, but it turned out she had a boyfriend