Salads? Walking and eating

Options

Replies

• tec9goo
    tec9goo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Have thought about working with a therapist about your relationship with food? Your behaviors are worrisome.

Too expensive :(
  • lg013
    lg013 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I burn around 100 calories for half hour of walking - burning 500 - 600 would be 2- 3 hours extra walking per day.

Is anyone really going to spend that much time walking around their house eating??? :o

It doesn't seem worth it to me - just eat the appropriate amount of calories as per MFP guidelines and do some exercise you enjoy.

walking for hours inside the house seems rather boring to me.

I have to run about 5 miles at a very good pace for 600 calories...so that would have to be an gigantic power bar...

The best way to stay active and maintaining is to find something you enjoy doing that gets you moving.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    Why can't you do this?

Genuine question ( as I have no idea of where you live or the situation there) - is it cost or access or?
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    tec9goo wrote: »
    Have thought about working with a therapist about your relationship with food? Your behaviors are worrisome.

Too expensive :(

I know in the US therapists that have are willing to do sliding scale for some of their clients is not unheard of.
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    Do you have health insurance?
  • tec9goo
    tec9goo Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »

Its already used for my kidneys
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    This really sounds like the beginning of an eating disorder. You may need to talk to someone who can help with a more balanced approaches if you’re obsessing like this

I wish I could :(

Why can’t you?
  • Hannahwalksfar
    Hannahwalksfar Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Considering what and how you eat and your weight has a massive affect on your urinary tract health I would consider it related to your kidneys
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    If you are that addicted to your step count that you are walking while eating I think it is time to get rid of the pedometer. It really isn't a healthy frame of mind.
    Having a salad before a meal is a great way of getting all those nutrients but aim for balance. Rather than just lettuce make your salad as colourful as possible. Things like carrots, bell peppers, tomatoes etc. will add variety and nutrition.

The trainer burned an extra 500-600 calories everyday doing the thing where he speed walked around the gym with a protein bar or was eating while walking around the house

Is it just not worth it? Too extreme??

The trainer sounds full of it.

I have to walk a mile and a half in order to burn 100 calories. You are not managing to walk for a mile and a half around your house while eating. It’s not ‘extreme’, it’s just pointless and a bit weirdly obsessive.

Here’s a crazy idea; why not sit down, eat mindfully and actually enjoy your food, and then go out for a proper walk afterwards?

Consider this, or even skipping the walk. Considering you said your goal was to bulk. Burning all those extra calories means you will have to eat more.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    LyndaBSS wrote: »
    Its already used for my kidneys

Get a referral to a dietitian from your kidney doctor.

If they don't think you truly need one, show them all the threads you have started here.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    How old are you?
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    How old are you?

In another thread he said he was 18.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I'm confused. You are trying to lean bulk as per your other thread but trying to burn calories from eating? You need those calories to grow... to gain... to bulk. I don't understand why you are trying to burn them off. Are you actually gaining at this point? Are you making progress?
  • LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Options
    There is a sense of chaos and confusion in the op's various threads.