Breakfast Ideas

curvzncurlz
curvzncurlz Posts: 4 Member
I need some help with breakfast ideas as H is not a fan of the usual yogurt/oats/fruits and such. So far Eggs, Sausages, Chickpeas are good. Anyone else thats not a fan of the above, any recommendations please.

Thanks

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,970 Member
    @tinkerbellang83

I hope you have a guest room because I'm moving in! Those breakfasts sound so delicious.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Favorite breakfast, soft boiled egg on a toasted light English muffin, topped with 1/4 tsp of chia seeds. Sometimes with Canadian bacon, the slices fit so nicely on an English muffin. Second fav is scrambled egg with onions, bell peppers, Parmesan cheese. Side of Dave’s Killer 21 whole grain thin sliced bread toasted.
  • Kathryn872019
    Kathryn872019 Posts: 1 Member
    I've been doing an avocado spread on dave's killer bread (the whole wheat thing slice). The spread is super simple, one whole avocado, a tbs of garlic, a tbs lemon juice, and a tbs of olive oil. Just mix it up and spread of your toast throughout the week. Along with a simple shake for me!
  • Gooeypops
    Gooeypops Posts: 4 Member
    Try a shakshouka or huevos racheros recipe, they're great and you can chuck in whatever veg/tinned beans etc you have and spice it up if you want.

Also love a frittata with whatever veg/meat/herbs
  • janepotter2
    janepotter2 Posts: 2 Member
    Egg souffle muffins. Mix a couple of eggs with a little milk and add a teaspoon of grated parmesan. Pour into a muffin tin - small is best, the sort that make 2 to 3 inch diameter muffins - half filling the tins. Chop a spring onion and a small amount of ham, chicken or vegetarian equivalent. Add the onion and meat to the egg mix in the muffin tins....it will sink into the egg, but that's fine. Bake at 180c in the oven for 10 to 15 mins or until the egg has risen and springs back when touched. Turn out...you may need a teaspoon to help get them out and eat immediately.
  • knightreader
    knightreader Posts: 813 Member
    Egg souffle muffins. Mix a couple of eggs with a little milk and add a teaspoon of grated parmesan. Pour into a muffin tin - small is best, the sort that make 2 to 3 inch diameter muffins - half filling the tins. Chop a spring onion and a small amount of ham, chicken or vegetarian equivalent. Add the onion and meat to the egg mix in the muffin tins....it will sink into the egg, but that's fine. Bake at 180c in the oven for 10 to 15 mins or until the egg has risen and springs back when touched. Turn out...you may need a teaspoon to help get them out and eat immediately.

I literally just pulled something similar out of the oven. I've done both mini and reg sized "egg muffins." Today I started with two slices on pepperoni on bottom and a third of a cheese stick. Measures out to be just under one egg per muffin for me, then added a few drops of bbq sauce. Have made these with about a third of a strip of bacon per muffin, also with some peppers, can change seasonings and ingredients. Doing Keto, but even if not, calorie count is low. Need to add, I don't mind cold eggs, so I usually don't even heat them up.
  • johnyoung5469
    johnyoung5469 Posts: 1 Member
    Cup of Dates, tin of chickpeas, 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder, half cup of oats, half cup coconut flour, mix and add milk till its thick then bake for 20 mins at 200 👍 makes about 6 big squares
  • LAT1963
    LAT1963 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Fish on rice, with a side of a high-fiber fruit. Watch your quantities to stay in your goal limits.
  • teasie77
    teasie77 Posts: 22 Member
    Scramble egg with spinach, cherry tomatoes and feta cheese.
    Egg muffins, cooked with peppers, mushrooms and spring onions. Baked in oven :)
  • papayahed
    papayahed Posts: 407 Member
    I do the egg muffins to - Ground turkey, broccoli, cheddar cheese, sun dried tomato, and eggs.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    cold spaghetti and meat sauce ...(i'm not eating that, but it sure sounds good for breakfast!)

My choice is usually fruit and avocado on toast with boiled egg or over easy egg
  • HereToLose50
    HereToLose50 Posts: 154 Member
    edited August 2019
    I like to have meat and a little vegetable - salad usually - for my first meal of the day. Someone else already mentioned leftovers and it's usually leftover meat from dinner the night before. You don't have to stick with the options food manufacturers tell you to eat.

I don't eat many typical breakfast foods other than eggs. Starting the day with sweet and carb heavy foods leads to me overeating all day long. I try to save all the yummy carbs until the last meal and snack.

Adding my own favorite egg muffin - soy chorizo sauteed with pepper and onion then put into the muffin cups, a sprinkle of cheddar then the scrambled egg poured over then bake until done. I make a big batch and freeze it then pop out a couple to reheat. They end up really low calorie. They are good in a toasted English muffin
  • theidner
    theidner Posts: 3 Member
    Because it’s been hot, I’ve been making overnight oats with chia seeds, Greek yogurt, cashew milk, cinnamon, and a dash of maple syrup. In the morning I’ll add a giant handful of blueberries and some slivered almonds. To change it up, I’ve added shredded carrots, nutmeg, and almonds. I’ve also added a small amount of cocoa powder.
  • 4Linda0
    4Linda0 Posts: 7 Member
    When the weather is cooler I like to make these egg cups.

Spray muffin tin, lay one or two slices of thinly sliced ham. Crack an egg into each cup that you have lined. Sprinkle with salt & pepper and any other herbs you like.

Bake 400 about 15 min., depending on how you like your eggs. Serve with a toasted multi grain English muffin.
  • Pelhams
    Pelhams Posts: 1 Member
    I make the egg muffins with some bread, blueberries and a dash of maple syrup great for breakfast or pudding