Accurate Estimation?

MazaCam
MazaCam Posts: 5 Member
Does 500 calories sound about right for a stack of three pancakes about that big? My hand is in to give some perspective.

Replies

• LyndaBSS
    LyndaBSS Posts: 6,964 Member
    Did you make them at home?
  • privy95
    privy95 Posts: 82 Member
    Did you go to IHOP for the pancakes? There is a food entry for three buttermilk pancakes from IHOP in the database. That should help you!
  • BarbaraHelen2013
    BarbaraHelen2013 Posts: 1,940 Member
    Really hard to tell, because I can’t tell what size your hand is, compared to mine! I’d guess though, that those look like pancakes which are maybe 6” in diameter, which I would say are more like 180 cals a piece. So between 500 and 600 cals would be my guess. 🤷‍♀️
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,492 Member
    privy95 wrote: »
    Did you go to IHOP for the pancakes? There is a food entry for three buttermilk pancakes from IHOP in the database. That should help you!

Agree with this they look like ihop or dennys so I would use the calories for those.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,809 Member
    How old are you OP?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,333 Member
    Restaurant food is a gamble.

Just use any 6 inch pancake entries in the database.

What did your friend say about you putting your whole hand on your pancakes? I think if you're worried about calories, the bigger problem is that whipped butter and any syrups you may have used. I don't order pancakes or waffles out for this very reason. Other foods are easier to estimate, like two eggs and bacon with one slice of toast.
  • vollkornbloedchen
    vollkornbloedchen Posts: 2,243 Member
    Anyone else having a hard time getting the words "accurate" and "estimation" together? ...
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,230 Member
    Anyone else having a hard time getting the words "accurate" and "estimation" together? ...

No, not really. We know what OP means.

We do that all the time - estimate how many calories are in food when we can't actually measure or weigh it.( like when you are eating away from home)

And of course we want it to be as accurate as possible.

Obvious what she meant.