avatiach Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Great thread. Thank you!
  • happysquidmuffin
    happysquidmuffin Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    avatiach wrote: »
    Great thread. Thank you!
    You are very welcome! BTW, I am under 140 again for the first time in… I dunno, maybe 8 years? 139# feels really good. I am jogging most mornings that I don’t work, and have been doing more light strength training to try to tone/increase muscle mass. Someone on MFP recommended Holly Dolke arm workouts on YouTube, so I’m doing those about twice a week, in addition to other bodyweight and light dumbbell stuff. I’ll post a new photo update as soon as I can figure out how again lol.
  • asylinganey
    asylinganey Posts: 6 Member
    edited August 2022
    Options
    I just found this thread today. I started mfp yesterday after taking several years off. I am 5 months (as of tomorrow) postpartum. I am exclusively breastfeeding. I weighed 197 when I gave birth. Currently at 165.8. My goal is 150 which is at the high end of normal bmi for my height. I’ve been at 165 since 6 weeks postpartum and haven’t done anything yet to try to lose weight. I just started Monday when my older kids started back school. I’ve been walking, pushing the stroller up and down my street for anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour each day this week along with eating healthier. Since I’ve been maintaining for basically 4 months now, I hope this is what will get me moving in the right direction again. Your photos are inspiring to me especially since we have basically the same stats. Kudos to you!
  • AIP4ever
    AIP4ever Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the healthy new Baby! And congratulations on your weight loss and your determination.
  • happysquidmuffin
    Options
    Just checking in! Still bouncing between 139-140, but my goal is 136 by October.
    It’s not that I don’t know how to post photos in the forums… it’s just that MFP won’t upload them from my phone. Not sure why but it just doesn’t work. Grrr.
    Good luck all you other mommas! You can do this!
  • happysquidmuffin
    Options
    Checking in here again to stay accountable... yesterday and today I weighed in at a new low, 138 lb! Was so pleased to see this number. Tomorrow is my weigh in day. Last Tuesday morning I weighed in at 140.5. Would be nice to log a 2 or even 3lb loss! I just need to not overthink it and overeat this evening.
    Once I'm at 132-134 lb, I really want to take a break from the strict calorie counting and just be able to estimate. I've built lots of healthy habits and I'm better at eating when I'm hungry and stopping when I'm full. I can even control my portions at my parents house. I came across some great MFP threads today, some that have been resurrected "zombie" threads but were very motivating. Such as Just For Today...

Just For Today, I will not stress/boredom eat. I WILL stick to my goals. Just for today.
  • kamaphia
    kamaphia Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I just want to say you moms are all fabulous and good for you for working hard to get rid of the baby weight. I'm nearly 18 years postpartum, lol, and still haven't lost all the baby weight (close, but then I have a ton of weight that still needs to go because I was overweight to begin with) because I made every excuse there was when my kids were little. I just want to applaud you all for taking care of yourself, too, because it is important. It's not easy, but you are doing great. Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!