MUSHROOMS love them or hate them??

Options

Replies

• Pangea250
    Pangea250 Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Mushrooms are gross. They are the bottom feeders of all other vegtables. Yuck, Yuck, Yuck!!!
    Except they aren't vegetables.
  • yelliezx
    yelliezx Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    LOVE!
  • hnsr1021
    hnsr1021 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    LOVE THEM! Just had some last night. I cut them in half and marinated them overnight in Italian dsg and Worcestershire, just enough to cover them in a Ziploc. Then skewered them and grilled them. Oh they were SOOOO good!!!! Grilled some steaks for my husband and the mushrooms were better than the steak believe it or not!
  • BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I like the "Magic" ones:bigsmile: They go good with EVERYTHING:laugh:

I used to hate mushrooms when I was a kid, now I like them. Especially stuffed and buttered.
  • L4GFOREVER
    Options
    I love muchrooms with almost all my meals, your right low calorie and taste great
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I like the "Magic" ones:bigsmile: They go good with EVERYTHING:laugh:

I used to hate mushrooms when I was a kid, now I like them. Especially stuffed and buttered.

Yes, and yes!

Did you ever try cooking the "magic" kind in garlic butter? They go down better, especially the stems.
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MUSHROOMS IN EVERYTHINGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3 Oh yum! :)
  • vienna_h
    vienna_h Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I do not like.

They are fungus.

They taste like fungus.

I'll only eat them if they are already there, but I don't ask for them, that's for sure.
  • xX_Samantha_Xx
    xX_Samantha_Xx Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I HATE eating mushrooms. BUT, I love a good mushroom sauce on a steak, etc. And they smell amazing. I just can't do the texture! :)
  • jayjay12345654321
    jayjay12345654321 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    I go through several pounds a week. We prefer baby portabellas, cremini and the standard white button. We tried oyster and ****take, but they are too fragile and best served in fancy dishes rather than just sliced and grilled. We like the hearty, meatiness of the first three.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Yuck lol. I wish I liked them. I mean I can tolerate them, but given the choice, I'll have something else.
  • kstanway
    Options
    Yes please! <3 Mushrooms!!
  • GabyBaby916
    GabyBaby916 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    In general, I have a strong DISLIKE for them.
    A friend who has very similar culinary tastes as me started raving about portabello mushrooms, telling me that I had to try them.
    FIne.

I bought a pair (foolishly thinking my husband would eat one as well), made a marinade, the prepared them with the marinade and some cheese. Burger-like.

It was.....ok.
    I was able to eat it without gagging, but it still isnt something that will seek out willingly.
  • MOMMA3A
    MOMMA3A Posts: 3
    Options
    I love them! When cooking them I add a little fresh lemon juice to brighten the taste!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

This is why we are friends. :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    love mushrooms. sauteed. spray the pan with a zero calorie spray and BOOM.
  • myfitnessval
    myfitnessval Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    love love love them. i can and sometimes do eat them for all 3 main meals of the day lol
  • italian_bella_xo
    Options
    sauté mushrooms.. delicious!!
  • bleep
    bleep Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of them. I remember growing up my Mom hated them. She would try to tell me how gross they were but I liked them. I think she heard some horror story about them or something lol.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    They are best...I love mushrooms:happy:

Thanks! I just joined. Mushrooms are YUMMY YUMMY YUMMY!!!!