Options
2»

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,643 Member
    edited July 2019
    Options
    psychod787 wrote: »
    I had never heard of this so I did some googling. It seems to be a variation of the long discredited ecto - meso- endomorph theory, with a lot of really bad diet advice layered on top, and some medical misinformation on the side. You are not fat protein efficient because that is not a thing. In addition, you should not do anything told to you by anyone who uses this terminology.

Many people who are overweight have some degree of insulin resistance - that is a real thing. People with insulin resistance can benefit by eating lower carb. This is not diagnosed by taking an internet quiz, it’s diagnosed by seeing a doctor and getting an a1c test.

I have also seen people lower a1c on a whole foods veggan diet... Weight loss increases insulin senstivity

And on a Mcdonald's vanilla cone diet... as long as weight loss was the result because... weight loss increases insulin sensitivity :wink:
  • TheNewKristin
    TheNewKristin Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I once took a quiz that told me I was a chicken nugget :/

https://www.buzzfeed.com/raechilling/what-kind-of-chicken-nugget-are-you-2x863

Dino nugget! Yes!!!!
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    psychod787 wrote: »
    I had never heard of this so I did some googling. It seems to be a variation of the long discredited ecto - meso- endomorph theory, with a lot of really bad diet advice layered on top, and some medical misinformation on the side. You are not fat protein efficient because that is not a thing. In addition, you should not do anything told to you by anyone who uses this terminology.

Many people who are overweight have some degree of insulin resistance - that is a real thing. People with insulin resistance can benefit by eating lower carb. This is not diagnosed by taking an internet quiz, it’s diagnosed by seeing a doctor and getting an a1c test.

I have also seen people lower a1c on a whole foods veggan diet... Weight loss increases insulin senstivity

And on a Mcdonald's vanilla cone diet... as long as weight loss was the result because... weight loss increases insulin sensitivity :wink:

That's the general drift brother. Just using the vegan diet as an example when it comes to carbs and fats.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    SSFx wrote: »
    Guys your replies are funny. Yes I guess you all are right. I shouldn’t listen to some quiz. I am going to the doctors tomorrow to see.

Glad you're taking it in this way <3 The forum can be a bit harsh on woo, but it's still a great place to be, with lots of good knowledge.